Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantis found

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Bet you there's an interesting story behind that link.

You should post it.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I doubt it, but the location is a better fit with Plato's description - just aint old enough

Comment

The article says nothing about when this city was built nor when it was submerged. Hopefully more information will come out as to what this civilization was. Maybe it was a Carthaginian or Greek colony in Spain?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I watched the show last night, 4-5 kya is the current est

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            I watched the show last night, 4-5 kya is the current est
            Really? That would be before Greek/Punic colonies. That would be really interesting if there was a Bronze Age civilization in Spain.

Comment

Crete

Comment

they think it could be the biblical Tarshish, or Tartessos - and it was known for its ores.

Comment

Encyclopedia Mythica is the premier encyclopedia on mythology, folklore, and religion. Instant mythology since 1995.

Apparently the Greeks "knew" of a legendary city in the same spot but did not link it to Atlantis

Comment

Atlantis Found
                    Again? How many of the damn things were there?
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I expect they're everywhere.

Comment

Yay 3 free techs!
                        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Perfection
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I was there last year. Kids loved the waterslides.

A bit pricey but would go again.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                              Crete
                              Concur

Comment

Working...
                              X