Apartment floor preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
    You live in a flat in Texas? I thought that was against the law there and that you have to live in a ranch
    I live in a 2 story condo. I said that. Bedrooms are upstairs. Read up, bright eyes.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sir Og, have the prices bottomed out in Bulgaria? I remember that the bubble
      was quite something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue View Post
        Ground, 1st or top. Ground floor apartments get gardens, 1st floor ones minimize the need to use the stairs of lift while making burglary less of an issue, and top floor ones get the best view. Anything in between seems like effort for little reward.
        Terminolgy difference.

My ground floor is the 1st floor.

Your 1st = my 2nd

Sloww - You obviously don't know my cats. They can offer little protection from their hiding spots.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
          Sir Og, have the prices bottomed out in Bulgaria? I remember that the bubble
          was quite something there.
          I don't think we have hit the bottom yet. I think our property market is quite speciffic.
          We have almost always had overpriced property here. Traditionally a very large portion of the population owned their home instead of renting. (it's a national culture thing. Although this is slowly changing) Prices now have gone down but renting is still a lot cheaper. Right now all the factors that contributed to the bubble are non existent. (foreign buyers, cheap credit, booming economy all gone)

Also demographically Bulgaria is shrinking every year. Except for the top 4 cities everything else is shrinking fast. The only growing city is Sofia. However even in cities where the population is almost half of what it used to be 15 years ago people still have high asking prices for their properties. This is because they want to buy in Sofia where it is expensive and because there is no pressure to pay mortgages. Deals of course are very few.
          It's a fairly weird market.

After my grandparents died they left a very nice apartment in the city center. It is owned half by my father and half by my aunt. We've been going back and forth between trying to sell it and split the money or one side buying the other side's share. Right now we are trying to sell it but due to it being on the 10th floor there was only one prospective buyer in the last year. Also the price we asking is too much I am now considering buying my aunt's share and moving to live there. I can then sell the apartment that I live in currently. (this will be easier because it is a smaller apartment on the second floor)
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Croatia has similar "must own home" mentality

It impoverishes people, they sign 30 year loans with the rate being half their salary.

I know the urge to own is strong, but don't be one of the people who dig their
            graves while they're still alive...

Comment

If you actually have the money or most of it (as in my case) It's good to have a place of your own where you can create the best possible comfort to your liking.

I am not the kind of guy who wants to travel around the world, spend a couple of years in different cities, etc. I am fine with living for years in the same place as long as it a nice place.

I simply can't achieve the things that I want if I rent. Also I have no intention of moving out of Stara Zagora in the foreseeable future.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                2nd floor. Close to the ground but high enough to keep unauthorized entries to a minimum.
                This

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  I live in a 2 story condo. I said that. Bedrooms are upstairs. Read up, bright eyes.
                  So you live in a house? Why didn't you say that?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue View Post
                    But the heat escapes much more easily, as what's on top of you is cold, rather than another warm flat.
                    I would hope there is a ton of insulation above me in this day and age.

Although that could be a bastard in summer. But then again, I live in the UK. What summer?
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                      So you live in a house? Why didn't you say that?
                      A duplex isn't a house. Come on Provost, you're British, we're meant to be obsessive property-market watchers and such
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Edit: DanSed

I love that I can use that phrase here, I've forgotten where it came from and used it elsewhere and got a load of "WTF?" back
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                          X