America's Most Toxic City Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Most Toxic City Is...

Philadelphia has gobs of Superfund sites and poor water quality. California metros claim the unhealthiest air.

During the Revolutionary War Philadelphia served as one of America’s first capital cities. These days, however, Philadelphia could be considered the capital of toxicity, since the city and its environs ranked No. 1 on our 2011 Most Toxic Cities list. One big reason: The sprawling Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), including parts of four states (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and one county in Maryland), is pocked with more than 50 Superfund sites---areas no longer in use that contain hazardous waste.

read the rest of the story at forbes.com
    edit by Robert Plomp: removed article by request of author, left a teaser and a link.
    Last edited by Robert; March 9, 2011, 05:55.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

So when are you leaving?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Philly is just one toxic city while New Jersey is a whole toxic state.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

BTW I never really found Forbes to be that creditable a magazine simply because it's owner is so obviously a political douche bag.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Has California finished draining the west's aquifers dry yet?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
          X