Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe there are aliens out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe there are aliens out there?

With millions of galaxies containing millions of stars the number of planets may be in the trillions. Do you think there is a good chance that intelligent life has evolved somewhere out there in the universe?

Never mind whether or not they flying around earth in hot pink flying saucers. Or even have interstellar travel. Are we alone?
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    16.67%
    I am too stupid to vote
    5.56%
    The universe is filled with bananas
    11.11%

It's entirely possible. I think physics as we currently understand it precludes our ever knowing for sure, but there may well be life somewhere out there.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Question: Would the type of lifeforms in "Horton Hears a Who" qualify as aliens? I personally believe that electrons are inhabited by really tiny dudes and I'm sure the LHC will bear out my predictions any day now.

Comment

Why not? And Horton is not an alien, nor is a Who. So far, to my knowledge, there are no alien rock operas.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Excellent point, Sloww.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It'd be surprising if it hadn't evolved somewhere else, especially now it seems that goldilocks planets are probably much more common than we thought.

For us to see it this intelligent life would have had to have evolved somewhere within distance that we could reasonably ever see, evolved technologically at least as far as us before wiping itself out and had it's brief flash of existence in a time period vaguely related to our flash of time in the universe, I think it is very unlikely.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, I believe there are intelligent extraterrestrial life out there. But I'm very skeptical about any claims made that we have been visited by any of them.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                Yes, I believe there are intelligent extraterrestrial life out there. But I'm very skeptical about any claims made that we have been visited by any of them.
                Sh!t, come to Texas, to see all the aliens will take your skepticism away.

Comment

He said intelligent.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Why are you insulting illegals?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You're a PC nazi, Monk.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

NOT TRUE!!!

I have nothing against having Intel or AMD inside.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

No, nor do I believe aliens are not out there.
                          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I am too stupid to vote

best poll option of the year -
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                            X