Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of sexual discrimination in Europe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The caps are government imposed.

What my injury is "worth" is between me, my doctor and my insurance company (and ultimately the courts if I'm not satisfied).
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Maybe other jurisdictions just don't value their citizens as much.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
        The caps are government imposed.

What my injury is "worth" is between me, my doctor and my insurance company (and ultimately the courts if I'm not satisfied).
        A minor injury is not worth much. The fact that you think a broken nail should warrant a $50,000 claim should not raise my rates.

As a result, no, it's not just between you, your doctor, and your insurance company. The absurdities of residents of Ontario means everyone pays much more. Even though London is much cheaper than Toronto, make no mistake that you are paying much more for insurance due to the higher liability caps. Much more.

My parents pay a combined $75/mo for insurance on two vehicles, with excellent coverage out here. Is yours in that ballpark?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• No, I pay $75 for one and I find it a fair price.

You can pay less but you've already conceded you get less coverage. You may find it an acceptable trade-off, but I have no complaints as is.

For every $50,000 broken nail in ON I bet there are many people inadequately compensated for legit injuries in the low cap jurisdictions. I'll go with too high a cap than too low.

Comment

• How could $50,000 ever be justified for a minor injury, considering it does not include costs to compensate for rehab and loss of income?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I have no idea without hearing the facts of the case.

How many $50K broken fingernails have there been Asher? More than the people unfairly compensated in low cap jurisdictions?

At $75 a month for full coverage after making an at fault claim I have no issue with the rates. If you got screwed living in Toronto I would mark that up as all part of the pleasure of living in such a fine city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                I have no idea without hearing the facts of the case.

How many $50K broken fingernails have there been Asher? More than the people unfairly compensated in low cap jurisdictions?
                Judging by the obscene rates in Toronto, that is MORE than a fair assumption.

If you got screwed living in Toronto I would mark that up as all part of the pleasure of living in such a fine city.
                The city sucks, but it's the Ontario laws that allowed the rates to suck. The people there are far douchier than any other part of the province, so it is exploited. Insurance fraud is incredibly rampant in Toronto because they've figured out the obscene caps that Ontario has permits trivial exploitation. Staged accidents are alarmingly common there.

It's a symptom that the system is flawed. The rates are unreasonable in Toronto, I'm sure you'd agree to that. Considering it is Ontario's jurisdiction, it is up to Ontario to close the loopholes.

Comment

• I'd prefer to just bulldoze Toronto.

I was in that not-so-fine city today.

Comment

Working...
                  X