Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Mostly because you post idiotic things.
    See, this kind of attack doesn't work for you. It works (most of the time) for KH because he actually has credibility. I see "Imran Siddiqui" and my mind reads "Guy who goes completely ape**** when you support Israel". And then your posts just read like that 8 year old on xbox live who curses a lot because his voice hasn't changed.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Your attempts at kissing KH's butt won't really work for you. And bringing up your asinine support of Isreal won't help either. I tend to equate your jabs at me as similar to the Newsmaxians calling me a communist.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That makes two of us...
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          By the way, federal regulations that make sense at the time often stop making sense only a short while later.

Have you noticed that when you get on flights in the US they have to show you how to use a seat belt? You know, in case you're too stupid to figure it out?
          How is

1. A pointless but ultimately harmless regulation that "wastes" ninety seconds the plane uses to prepare for takeoff anyway

comparable to

2. An attempt to prevent businesses from using their control over one service to suppress competition for another service they provide?

EDIT: Also, can you name a situation in which companies being able to charge extra or otherwise discriminate against certain types of legal content is in the public interest? I.E., is there a specific argument against net neutrality, beyond your general objection to government regulation of industry?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

EDIT: Also, can you name a situation in which companies being able to charge extra or otherwise discriminate against certain types of legal content is in the public interest? I.E., is there a specific argument against net neutrality, beyond your general objection to government regulation of industry?

A company could provide higher priority to VOIP (internet phone) traffic, since it is much more sensitive to lag and latency.

Comment

They could also provide a lower priority to VOIP traffic from competitors or those who didn't sign sweet deals.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

And I'm certain that's far more likely to happen, considering VOIP as it is now has no issues with latency.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hell, MMOs have huge issues with latency, but if my ISP starts giving preferential treatment to some neckbearded fatass's level 68 warlock I'm not going to be happy.
                  1011 1100

Comment

Thankfully my Warlock is L85.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• You're also supposedly clean-shaven, and I'm going to go ahead and stereotype that the young, upwardly mobile gay guy isn't a fatty. But you get no special treatment regardless. Your warlock must flow through the tubes at the same speed as Flash games involving Koopas stomping on Mario, ancient YouTube videos of Rick Astley, and giant super-detailed 3D fox penises from Second Life. All network-clogging crap is created equal.
                      1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        And I'm certain that's far more likely to happen, considering VOIP as it is now has no issues with latency.
                        I don't think that particular case is very compelling either, at least on its own; the point was to answer Elok's question, which just asked for an example.

Comment

Working...
                        X