What came off the space shuttle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What came off the space shuttle?

I watched the launch of the space shuttle and saw something that looked like tiles falling off. Did anyone else see this? I have not seen anything in the news.

I didn't watch but normally that would be condensation that freezes on the tanks I think?

Comment

They looked like black tiles to me. The ice or foam is usually white these were black geometric shapes.
      that is why I was wondering if anyone else saw them.

Comment

Prob nothing

Comment

Don't tiles come off with every launch?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yep, found a vid that shows the foam comming off hitting the shuttel. Looks like no damage was done.

at the 7:40 mark

Comment

So there's nothing to see here (again)?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't think it would be in NASA's best interests to have the last shuttle flights fail so I really don't think anything will go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X