Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Feel About the Airlines in Your Country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedish trains
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Yes, except when it snows. I forgot to mention that aspect

Comment

As it never snows in Sweden anymore thanks to global warming that's not really an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
          City center to city center trains and sometimes planes are def. superior speed, price and probably comfort,
          Not here.

No high speed trains and the regular trains stop EVERYWHERE.

You can damn near walk faster.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Any talk about airlines on Apolyton which is a hotbed of political discussion and America-hating would probably invariable turn to a discussion about the TSA and within TSA controversies are concerns about racial profiling. I was pre-empting Asher.
            I haven't seen any America hating. I guess you were wrong.

Comment

Generally great, cheap and convenient.

Which is annoying, I'd rather get the train really. But they are way too expensive and overcrowded.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Any talk about airlines on Apolyton which is a hotbed of political discussion and America-hating would probably invariable turn to a discussion about the TSA and within TSA controversies are concerns about racial profiling. I was pre-empting Asher.
                Albie, the problem is that TSA doesn't do enough profiling, not that they do too much. You not having any issues is utterly unsurprising in that light.
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  Not here.

No high speed trains and the regular trains stop EVERYWHERE.

You can damn near walk faster.
                  Yes, obviously my answer was in regard to my country*

* = not applicable in/after snowstorms i.e. any given day in wintertime

Comment

I would never get on a plane. Getting on a plane is just tempting fate.

Comment

Ok,Albie.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Is this some reference to the fact that Mr. T in the A-Team was afraid of flying? I don't get it.

Comment

They work fine I suppose, can be a bit pricey sometimes, although this is to do with the popularity of the current route I am using a lot (London to Frankfurt). Alas the cheap budget airlines do not fly there (unless you count Frankfurt Hahn, which is in the middle of nowhere, certainly nowhere near Frankfurt) but I don't like Ryanair anyway, they are bastards. Easyjet are OK. BA and Lufthansa seem to be reasonable for this route. I may be flying from Manchester instead in the near future in which case Lufthansa is by far the better option (cheaper with better times).
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X