Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libyan troops defy Gadhafi, side with protesters

This is so cool.

Troops hand out weapons to demonstrators. NBC's Engel reports from eastern Libya.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Yeah, this is going to end well.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I would think. With the military and population rising up.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Yeah, this is going to end well.
        Who says a massive bloodbath has to end badly?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          This is so cool.
          Let's hope it doesn't end in an Albanian scenario.
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I am hoping an Egypt scenario. Army just tipping him out overnight. One can hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              I would think. With the military and population rising up.
              Since historically these things always turn out great!

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Wait. Now that everyone is armed doesn't that mean the violence will stop?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  Wait. Now that everyone is armed doesn't that mean the violence will stop?
                  It won't be untill gun ownership goes up to 0.9 per citizen that Lybia will be as free and peacefull as America.
                  Last edited by Heraclitus; February 23, 2011, 10:03.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Can we help? An arms shipment or two to stop the violence seems like the decent thing to do.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Well, one way or another, Ghaddafy (or however it's spelled) won't be ruling Libya anymore. Either they'll kill him/remove him from power, or he'll keep cracking down until there's no Libya left to rule.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Looks like some "famous last words"

Comment

Gadhafi's been a dictator for 40 years. Libya has put up with him for 10 more years than Egypt had their dictator.

Comment

This must be burning the Brit's ass.

Let a mass murdering terrorist out of jail to secure an oil deal with Gaddafi only to have him run out of the country. What bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                              This must be burning the Brit's ass.

Let a mass murdering terrorist out of jail to secure an oil deal with Gaddafi only to have him run out of the country. What bad luck.
                              And what about Berlusconi who told the police that his young 'protégé' (arrested for theft) was Ghadaffi's daughter and should be released immediately? I fear Italy will be next
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X