Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rap star implicated by former investigator in murder of LAPD officer

Is this title any more surprising?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Well there was Cool C and Steady B... but they murdered a Philly police woman.

The funny thing about Cool C and Steady B were that they weren't 'gangsta rappers' by anyone's definitions. Their hits included songs like "Going Steady" (yes, as in dating someone going steady), "Girls Gonna Getcha", and "Glamorous Life". Very old school, pre-gangsta rap but they were retards and felt the need to rob a PNC bank in 1996.

The faces of cop-killing rappers:

Go figure, right?
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; February 18, 2011, 18:25.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

They look like cop killers to me.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        They look like cop killers to me.
        Why? Because they're black? These soft, nerd-looking guys?

You don't understand. Their music was the most innocuous rap you can think of... think the same style of rap as their contemporary out of Philly, Will Smith.

It's been said that they only robbed the bank as an incredibly stupid publicity stunt to revitalize their new career as 'gangsta rappers'.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Those glasses are the glasses of murderers.

Comment

Well it was as if Will Smith robbed a bank and killed a cop... that's the sort of "huh?" it was. They had tried to redefine themselves as harder rappers but had no commercial success with that new image.

Went from making songs like this to awaiting execution:

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Well there was Cool C and Steady B... but they murdered a Philly police woman.

The funny thing about Cool C and Steady B were that they weren't 'gangsta rappers' by anyone's definitions. Their hits included songs like "Going Steady" (yes, as in dating someone going steady), "Girls Gonna Getcha", and "Glamorous Life". Very old school, pre-gangsta rap but they were retards and felt the need to rob a PNC bank in 1996.
              Just proves that rap kills brain cells. You're better off sniffing glue.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                Just proves that rap kills brain cells. You're better off sniffing glue.
                How does that prove anything? First of all, the idea that any genre of music would have any biological effect on a listener or creator of said music is not substantiated by anything, as far as I know. While listening to music that is very loud could result in damage to the ear, that is an issue with decibel level, not type of music. Do you have any evidence for your claims?

Secondly, Steady B and Cool C were dumb-asses to think robbing a bank was a good idea. And Cool C was especially dumb for firing on a police woman who responded to the silent alarm. However, that is a reflection of them as individuals who made really bad decisions, not a reflection of them as rappers.

Comment

Why? Because they're black? These soft, nerd-looking guys?

"Soft looking" has little to do with it.

George "Baby Face" Nelson: Public Enemy Number One

Personality

In contrast to John Dillinger, Nelson was the antithesis of popular, Robin Hood-like gangsters of the Depression era. A hot-tempered man, Nelson did not hesitate to kill lawmen and innocent bystanders alike. One of the high profile outlaws of that era, he and Clyde Barrow were accused of killing more than a dozen law officers between them.[51] Paradoxically, Nelson was also a devoted family man who often had his wife and children with him while running from the law. After John Dillinger's death in July 1934, Nelson became Public Enemy Number One.[52]
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How does that prove anything? First of all, the idea that any genre of music would have any biological effect on a listener or creator of said music is not substantiated by anything, as far as I know. While listening to music that is very loud could result in damage to the ear, that is an issue with decibel level, not type of music. Do you have any evidence for your claims?

Secondly, Steady B and Cool C were dumb-asses to think robbing a bank was a good idea. And Cool C was especially dumb for firing on a police woman who responded to the silent alarm. However, that is a reflection of them as individuals who made really bad decisions, not a reflection of them as rappers.
                    You've already provided the evidence for my claims. We're talking about people who were heavily into rap, and stupid enough to rob a bank. That scenario is more likely to happen if rap makes you stupid than if it doesn't.

Comment

You've already provided the evidence for my claims. We're talking about people who were heavily into rap, and stupid enough to rob a bank. That scenario is more likely to happen if rap makes you stupid than if it doesn't.
                      Correlation does not equal causation.

Comment

Correlation does not equal causation.
                        So you're saying it's a coincidence that rappers are idiots? What a racist thing to say.

Comment

So you're saying it's a coincidence that rappers are idiots? What a racist thing to say.
                          What? You're the one saying in this and the other thread especially that rappers are sub-human and not deserving of human rights.

That is a completely indefensible position.

Comment

It may be indefensible, but you still can't manage to pick it apart.

Comment

cool c looks like a guy on my hs baseball team

Comment

Working...
                              X