Judgement Day: May 21st, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Or a suicide letter. Or an "I'm about to get raptured letter". Or an "I can't believe you gits gave me all this money letter."
    "

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      Yeah the range is by the museum. There's no real political angle to it. The assumption is that if you're armed, you're friendly. They make you read the rules and take a test, but that's all common sense stuff. Keep your gun in the case until you're in your booth, keep it pointed downrange at all times, that sort of thing. It's about 20$ to get a range card (when you take the test), and then you pay about 15$ per lane/hour. It's no good for shotguns, since it's indoors, but it's great for pistols and rifles.

What kind of guns you got?
      I don't have any guns. it was a joke.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Do they let you rent guns?

Comment

Not there. You could look around for ranges in your area that do. I know of one in Rockville, but it'd be a hike for you.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'm not about to buy a gun just before I go off to college. I've got no place to keep it, I wouldn't know what to buy, and I wouldn't invest in a hobby I'm not sure I would even enjoy. Perhaps I could borrow a friend's .22 or something.

Comment

Also: Apparently Wal-mart doesn't sell ammo anymore. That's incredibly disappointing. The idea of having cheap Chinese televisions, bad milk and a ****ton of bullets in the same shopping cart has quite a bit of novelty to me.

How hard is it to learn how to shoot? It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult just to be able to learn to put a bullet through a bullseye. I mean, the marines expect apes like Al to be able to learn to do it, so it can't be too bad, can it?

Comment

Colleges are pretty uptight about guns, that's true. And you'd probably be best trying it out before spending hundreds on a gun. Our Walmart sold ammo last time I checked, but the selection was pretty poor. Cheaperthandirt.com is the place to find ammo.

Comment

They use to sell guns.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Also: Apparently Wal-mart doesn't sell ammo anymore. That's incredibly disappointing. The idea of having cheap Chinese televisions, bad milk and a ****ton of bullets in the same shopping cart has quite a bit of novelty to me.

How hard is it to learn how to shoot? It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult just to be able to learn to put a bullet through a bullseye. I mean, the marines expect apes like Al to be able to learn to do it, so it can't be too bad, can it?
                    Why are you calling him an ape? Because he's an arab?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      No "this is why I was wrong" or "I was wrong to say such a thing" or anything of that nature?

Or was that from before he was shown to be wrong?

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        Why are you calling him an ape? Because he's an arab?
                        Obviously. That's also why I refused to hire him to clean my many bathrooms.

Comment

Learning to shoot is easy. Hold the gun properly, aim down the sights, and don't flinch. Hitting a target at fifty yards is no problem. Hitting some speck out at five hundred yards is where it gets tricky.

Comment

Ah, well I don't really care about that (the 500 yard thing). The only thing I'm really interested in is watching soda cans and plastic bottles explode. Apparently this is called "plinking".

Comment

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

So it's offical, Earth doesn't exist anymore. At least someone transferred us all to the holodeck before **** happened
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X