Yes Sir !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Sir !!!

Well, the case is that you have been ordered to do something stupid by your boss. What would you do ?

a) Surely I¨'ll do it. If I don't or object I get fired.
    b) Ask why since it's obviously stupid and get the answer - it's company policy.
    c) WTF, are you serious ? It is a really bad idea and "this" will be better.

Now, please be honest when you answer
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

I usually present my case for an alternative. Never just say no -- provide another option and argue why it is better. If they still disagree, you bite your lip and just be sure your opposition was documented somewhere (emails are nice).
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you sure that you aren't danish ?

Actually, I consider you as an outsider so your answer doesn't count - not because you are gay, that doesn't matter, just because you are what you are
      Last edited by BlackCat; February 7, 2011, 00:39.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Huh? What am I? A developer? Canadian?

Why doesn't my answer count?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Because you are a nutcase that doesn't abide to normals

Though, the canuck state is drawback

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Is there a "correct" answer?

Comment

No.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I agree with Asher. Never complain unless you have a viable alternative. Still shut down? Do what the person that signs your time tells you to do.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Always try to present an alternative solution to whatever the problem is.

If it is illegal or life threatening say so and refuse. otherwise you need to go along with it. OK you are getting paid to do something stupid.

I agree with Asher and Slowy.

Comment

Kick your boss in the nuts and look for another job. You KNOW you want to...
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

delay and hope someone else will do it in the meantime, with a suggestion on how to do it differently to create confusion ... but if you are put under the gun and told "execute"... that probably means that whatever you suggested is not going to happen.

Well depends how stupid/immoral is the task, if just midley so - do it and think "gnomes underpants business" or if a total disaster in making go to "war" with hope that either you or the manager gets a transfer/goes out within 6 months.
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I would murder the boss, chop him up into tiny pieces and bury him in the communal gardens.

Problem solved in a simple, cost effective manner.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                          Well, the case is that you have been ordered to do something stupid by your boss. What would you do ?

a) Surely I¨'ll do it. If I don't or object I get fired.
                          b) Ask why since it's obviously stupid and get the answer - it's company policy.
                          c) WTF, are you serious ? It is a really bad idea and "this" will be better.

Now, please be honest when you answer
                          d) grow a pair.
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            d) grow a pair.
                            Ok, you chose c)

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                              I would murder the boss, chop him up into tiny pieces and bury him in the communal gardens.

Problem solved in a simple, cost effective manner.
                              You have been way too much time in Mexico

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X