Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people care about Super Bowl ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people care about Super Bowl ads?

Let's get freaking real, people. If you're not in advertising or marketing, you should have absolutely no interest in Super Bowl commercials beyond the minimal interest a normal human being should show in any random advertisement. And yet, 'oh, Super Bowl commercials!' *bust a nut*

Is it because people who have no interest in football feel obligated to watch the game because a lot of other people are doing it (or they're at a friend's Super Bowl party) and they need something else to entertain them?

Is the interest people have the result of a conspiracy by advertisers to generate interest (they even advertise for their Super Bowl ads!). Maybe because SB ad spots are so expensive that advertisers and marketing departments spend a lot of time and effort on these ads so they create the facade of greater meaning beyond a normal commercial and successfully market their ads?

Enlighten me, Ming!
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Let's get freaking real, people. If you're not in advertising or marketing, you should have absolutely no interest in Super Bowl commercials beyond the minimal interest a normal human being should show in any random advertisement. And yet, 'oh, Super Bowl commercials!' *bust a nut*

Is it because people who have no interest in football feel obligated to watch the game because a lot of other people are doing it (or they're at a friend's Super Bowl party) and they need something else to entertain them?

Is the interest people have the result of a conspiracy by advertisers to generate interest (they even advertise for their Super Bowl ads!). Maybe because SB ad spots are so expensive that advertisers and marketing departments spend a lot of time and effort on these ads so they create the facade of greater meaning beyond a normal commercial and successfully market their ads?

Enlighten me, Ming!
    media fad

Comment

Why do you care about people caring about super bowl ads? Let's get real.

Comment

Super bowl ads are usually funny. Do you need more explanation?
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

Comment

This is a rhetorical question?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wouldn't say "usually." More like "sometimes." The one thing that you can generally say about them is that they show a greater investment of time, energy and/or money. Sometimes they wind up stupid anyway.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I watch for the inevitable GoDaddy ads because, in my experience, they're the only place I can find breasts. I mean, I don't even think there are any breasts on the internet!
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But...but the ads say their online content is unrated! That might mean there are breasts on their website, maybe?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                  X