Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FoxNews--UFO' Hovers Over Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock Shrine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Muslims would consider aliens Jinn?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I thought muslim beleifs were oppposed to the evils of alcohol.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Actually I think Islam had a response for aliens in the 7th century...

From the Surah Al-Jinn:

(7) And (the Jinn who had listened to the Qur'an said): We had sought the heaven but had found it filled with strong warders and meteors. (8) And we used to sit on places (high) therein to listen. But he who listeneth now findeth a flame in wait for him; (9) And we know not whether harm is boded unto all who are in the earth, or whether their Lord intendeth guidance for them. (10) And among us there are righteous folk and among us there are far from that. We are sects having different rules. (11) And we know that we cannot escape from Allah in the earth, nor can we escape by flight.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

In Card's Ender series, the Catholics convert the aliens to christianity.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            In Card's Ender series, the Catholics convert the aliens to christianity.
            Excuse me? Where and when did that happen?
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Third book, maybe the last part of the second as well.

[edit:] The Pequeninhos, not the Buggers.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, now I'm very glad I stopped reading at Speaker for the Dead. "Piggies for Jesus" is light-years of silliness beyond "Jews for Jesus."
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If they are real, OMG! I hope the aliens bring Elvis with them.
                  Last edited by Docfeelgood; February 3, 2011, 21:55.

Comment

Why do they have Elvis?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

His daughter was briefly married to one of them.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Good point.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You're a little late for Happy New Year well-wishes.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

or you mean - they are a little too late
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Not in China!

Comment

Working...
                                X