Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here familiar with New York Divorce Laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post
    Or finding a wife you can trust, and trusting her. That works too.
    Trust but verify.

BTW Paternity testing only equalizes how much both partners need to trust each other, a woman usually knows by default the child is hers, the male doesn't. Mandatory but confidential paternal testing should be no more controversial than wrist bands on babies so the hospital doesn't mix them up.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
      Marriage is a bad deal for men today, there is literally no good reason for a young man to "marry" today.
      Not only that, but there's no way around now, at least here. You are legally "married" after two years of cohabitation.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
        a woman usually knows by default the child is hers
        Im trying to imagine a scenario where she doesnt know it hers
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
          Im trying to imagine a scenario where she doesnt know it hers
          There is the very slight uncertainty that the newborn baby was mixed up in with someone else's.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

There's 3 men, an Englishman, a Welshman and a Pakistani, all in the maternity ward, and all first time fathers. They are all extremely happy until the doctor informs them that there has been a bit of a mix-up, and he can no longer say with any certainty, who's son is who.

Now, a person in this situation would probably begin the lentghy time consuming but ultimately profitable process to get legal representatives and conduct a suit against the doctor for gross professional misconduct. At the very least one might demand a DNA test to take place in order to establish paternity, but, this being a joke...

The 3 men decide to settle it between themselves. The Englishman goes in first, as is his right...

According to strict alphabetical order, at the very least, and emerges a moment later with what is quite clearly, even to the medically untrained eye, the Pakistani child.

The Pakistani feels as much, and confronts the Englishman, to which he replies, I'm sorry but one of those two in there is Welsh, and I'm not taking any chances.

Comment

They should have just nuked the nursery from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

(not at you SB - at the welsh joke)
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

When you buy your kids anything like clothes, school supplies, etc. keep the receipts. These will help later when she invariably wants an increase in child support.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

They should do like they do with dogs. Put the child in the middle and see which parent it runs to

At the end of the day is it better to be a full time carer or a full time provider? Is it preferable to have less freedom or less money?

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                      They should do like they do with dogs. Put the child in the middle and see which parent it runs to
                      Did Solomon die?
                      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                        or divorce laws in general? I find myself in need of some "not legal advice."

The judge will tell you allamony.

To you it sounds like all your money.

Comment

It's easy to see where the OLD joke comes from.

Death before Divorce. (I'll kill the ***** First);
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It only gets better sb.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                            X