Goddamn French cuffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goddamn French cuffs.

I've bought a new dress shirt for my wedding. My fiancée insisted I buy one with French cuffs. Well, I did. Turns out, the sleeves are a little too long, and the cuffs are too wide for my jacket sleeves to obey the law of gravity. Every time I flex my arm, the jacket sleeve rides up and can't fall down because the cuff is wider than the sleeve.
    What should I do? Is it a huge faux pas to fasten my cuff like a normal O-shaped one, not a teardrop-shaped one to make it smaller? Or should I just have my shirt fitted?
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Safety pin is your friend.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I remember once disappearing off with a couple of these shirts and forgetting to take some cufflinks when I was abroad on business last year. I improvised amazingly with a travel sewing kit with some thread to tie the things together. Not exactly the classy look I was after, but beats the early 80s new romantic look on the other hand
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        Punk cufflinks
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

A stapler works also.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Heh. In my last year of school, my backpack was pretty torn up, but I refused to buy another just for one year. I ended up stapling all the broken seams, to stop my stuff from falling out.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Scummy students
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Buy clothes that properly fit is my suggestion. If that's to expensive then see about getting a tailor to do some alterations for you.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Just pin or staple the damn thing. No one is going to be looking at you anyway.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Shouldn't they be called "Freedom Cuffs"?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Actually, yes.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Freedom cuffs on a wedding shirt?

Comment

Congrats

Sorry if it's late, but I haven't followed the forum for a while.

Comment

Thanks, we're getting married on the 25th. I've taken the shirt to a tailor, so now it fits fine. I still think French cuffs are retarded, but it's just a single day, so I'll live through this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                              Originally posted by rah View Post
                              A stapler works also.
                              British and American Engineering explained.
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X