Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toxic cloud, can I turn on the air conditining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic cloud, can I turn on the air conditining?

There is a toxic cloud in the area I am in, authorities are saying that people should close the windows.

Can I turn on the air conditioning or that will help the toxic cloud get into my hourse?

Answer quickly, I want to take a nap
    I need a foot massage

AC doesn't use outdoor air.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Thanks, I am going to take a nap
      I need a foot massage

Comment

It really depends on the design.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You're fine if you recirculate the internal air.

And if you lived in Beijing, every day you'd have a toxic cloud in the air

I remember once at school when a big purple cloud went past...that got everyone talking. Apparently there had been a leak of iodine at a chemical plant at the other end of Hull...it was very pretty though.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

All the talk on here about the 'third-worldness' of American inner-cities and ghettos and we never have anything like this (maybe in LA, though)

I mean really? Toxic cloud? How do people live under those conditions? Barnabas actually is a middle class Argentine.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Toxic cloud passes, residents allowed home
              (CNN) -- Residents of a western Pennsylvania neighborhood can return home Sunday after a chemical leak forced them to evacuate the night before.

Authorities surveyed the neighborhood in Petrolia and determined that no traces of the toxic chemical remained, said Freda Tarbell, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.

A leak at the Indspec Chemical Corp. plant in Petrolia on Saturday formed a cloud affecting at least 2,000 residents -- some of whom fled their homes. Others huddled indoors with their windows shut, authorities said.

Three people were taken to hospitals, but officials could not immediately say why.

It was not immediately clear how many people were injured, though plant manager Dave Dorko said all employees and inspectors at the plant were safe and accounted for.

Tarbell described the chemical as fuming sulfuric acid, which is also known as oleum.

The plant uses the chemical during its production process, she said. The plant produces a chemical called Resorcinol -- essentially a strong glue used in the tire industry.

The leak affected between 2,000 and 2,500 residents, Tarbell said. Some stayed the night with friends and relatives and some sought refuge in shelters. Others opted to stay indoors and "shut their windows and doors to make sure the acid cloud was not entering their home," she said.

Ed Schrecengost, a former Indspec employee, said firefighters showed up at his son's wedding reception, urging the guests to leave.

"It's about as dangerous as you can get," Schrecengost told CNN affiliate WPXI. "It's a very fuming acid. A quart bottle of this material could fill a household in two seconds."

Dorko said the leak was caused by an overflow from a tank. The material, he said, evaporates easily, creating a toxic cloud.
              What a ****ty state

Comment

That's not inner-city. That's hickville.

Petrolia is a borough in Butler County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 218 at the 2000 census.
                218 people
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Ah, so it's alright then.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    All the talk on here about the 'third-worldness' of American inner-cities and ghettos and we never have anything like this (maybe in LA, though)

I mean really? Toxic cloud? How do people live under those conditions? Barnabas actually is a middle class Argentine.
                    A factory that worked recycling tyres burned down like 7 kilometers away from my house.

I need a foot massage

Comment

Crap happens. Sometimes crap happens in Argentina.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Come to Houston

Comment

Because our 'third-world' inner cities are like that largely because we exported all our dirty manufacturing to countries like Argentina, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                            Because our 'third-world' inner cities are like that largely because we exported all our dirty manufacturing to countries like Argentina, duh.
                            America

Comment

Since these jobs probably will be the only type of jobs you will ever have a chance of getting, I wouldn't put my thumbs up too much.
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                              X