Daddy got new shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I'd rather run barefoot on concrete than in the jungle. (I've done both.)
    Yes, but the issue is not the ground texture, but the animals that roam it.

Comment

If you don't like to read, just watch this video:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Ok Al, come run in the jungle barefoot.

(And WTF? I wasn't comparing running in shoes to running barefoot... I was comparing running barefoot on concrete to running barefoot in the Jungle.)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post

What the f**k are those things in the first post by thingy...they look terrible!
          They're probably ridiculously expensive

Comment

Ok Al, come run in the jungle barefoot.

(And WTF? I wasn't comparing running in shoes to running barefoot... I was comparing running barefoot on concrete to running barefoot in the Jungle.)
            The way people are supposed to run through the jungle, right?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              They're probably ridiculously expensive
              WRONG, bucko.

Five Fingers

$75

Cheap by the standards of running shoes.

Zappos Running Shoes

And if you won't take my word or the prices of running shoes at a bargain online retailer, ask your idol KrazyHorse who is a runner how much running shoes typically cost him.

The actual up-scale model shown in the OP costs $100. Still on the low-end for running shoes.
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; January 22, 2011, 23:02.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Oh, forgive me for not knowing what running shoes cost. I think that's why I used the word 'probably'

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                  Yes, but the issue is not the ground texture, but the animals that roam it.
                  That is a concern, yes. Ants, mosquitos, and parasites you can't see. Though the wrong type of footwear can be even worse than barefoot in some cases. Straps/seams/whatever that ants can get caught up in. You're protected somewhat from them getting to your skin, but if/when they do it's harder to get them out.

But more-so there are infection and disease problems from being barefoot in this type of environment. And most-so, there are lots of sharp and pokey things in the ground, often covered in a thin layer of mud.

Comment

The way people are supposed to run through the jungle, right?
                    Naturally, and in the buff

Comment

That is a concern, yes. Ants, mosquitos, and parasites you can't see. Though the wrong type of footwear can be even worse than barefoot in some cases. Straps/seams/whatever that ants can get caught up in. You're protected somewhat from them getting to your skin, but if/when they do it's harder to get them out.

But more-so there are infection and disease problems from being barefoot in this type of environment. And most-so, there are lots of sharp and pokey things in the ground, often covered in a thin layer of mud.
                      No worse than the urban jungle with its broken glass, needles, condoms, etc.

That's why even though the Barefoot Professor up there runs in a city barefoot, he's running in the good parts and everyone else ought to wear something like those Vibram's which are rubber so you don't have to worry about being stabbed.

Comment

But you do have to worry about looking silly

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          No worse than the urban jungle with its broken glass, needles, condoms, etc.
                          Easier to avoid dangers to your feet on concrete (a relatively homogeneous and stable surface) than in the jungle. If you can see it, you can avoid it.

That's why even though the Barefoot Professor up there runs in a city barefoot, he's running in the good parts and everyone else ought to wear something like those Vibram's which are rubber so you don't have to worry about being stabbed.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            If you don't like to read, just watch this video:

I hope they enjoy their shine splints.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              I hope they enjoy their shine splints.
                              And think of the hundreds of thousands who are plagued by shin splints with normal running shoes. Can it be any worse? The science says no.

Comment

But you do have to worry about looking silly
                                Yes. Given how volleyball appears to be (based on the OP) about extremely hot women, I think that is as important a factor as any.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X