Please give me an earworm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please give me an earworm.

An earworm, for those not hip with the lingo, is a song, typically one you don't like, that gets stuck in your head and absolutely refuses to leave. I've got a really atrocious one in my head, and I'd like a new one to replace it. Ideally, a song that I don't mind, but I'm getting pretty desperate here. I subbed a music class yesterday, where I was subjected to a chirpy, bouncy song about how someone's stealing the singer's soda pop cans. IT WON'T GO AWAY.

Yes, this is the second trivial thread I've posted in about twelve hours, but this is a dire situation. I've tried every They Might Be Giants song I could think of, and I've even tried a little bit of Dancing Queen, which I really loathe. My goal here is to have something equally or less irritating, but not quite so blindingly stupid as..."soda pop cans."
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I need a foot massage

Comment

100 bottles of beer on the wall?

Comment

here

Comment

Comment

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Success! I now not only do not have the song in my head, I can no longer precisely remember the tune. I've replaced it with a snippet of a much less offensive but also idiotic Brit song: "Hennery [yes, that's how the song pronounces the name] the Eighth, the Eighth I am, Hennery the Eighth I am." Thanks for all your contributions!
                1011 1100

Comment

This one has been stuck in me for 24 hours now.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post

That's what I call rock music.

But doesn't work in the US due to copyright laws.

Aivo for putting up Lil Jon and Usher
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Success! I now not only do not have the song in my head, I can no longer precisely remember the tune. I've replaced it with a snippet of a much less offensive but also idiotic Brit song: "Hennery [yes, that's how the song pronounces the name] the Eighth, the Eighth I am, Hennery the Eighth I am." Thanks for all your contributions!
                      Didn't your mom ever teach you to share?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

442 million views can't lie

Unbelievable!

Comment

In retrospect, Ludacris has done a lot of songs with truly terrible artists
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post

This one has been stuck in me for 24 hours now.
                            WTF, onodera?
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                              Didn't your mom ever teach you to share?
                              I'd never actually heard the original song, only various people singing snippets of it. I knew it was a dumb joke about being the eighth guy named Henry some woman had married, but not who it was by. I think the only reason I thought of it was that its tune is vaguely similar to the stupid soda-pop song's. But since I've now, mercifully, forgotten it, I can't say for sure. I'd never seen Peter (?) whatsisface, the Herman's Hermits guy, before either. Normally, I'd say he looks like he could stand a good punch in the pills, TBH, but since he drove out a far worse song and he's probably dead now anyway, I give him a
                              1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X