Goldman Sachs Says "**** You America!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldman Sachs Says "**** You America!"

Goldman said it was restricting participation in its new Facebook investment fund to foreign clients, after receiving intense public scrutiny over the creation of the fund.

JANUARY 17, 2011, 12:23 PM
    Goldman Limits Facebook Investment to Foreign Clients

By ANDREW ROSS SORKIN
    Daniel Acker/Bloomberg News
    Goldman Sachs said in a statement on Monday that it will restrict participation in a new fund being set up to invest in Facebook to foreign clients only, citing intense public scrutiny.

Goldman added that it alone made the decision, and was not prompted to do so by a regulator or any other party.

As part of a $450 million investment by Goldman in Facebook, the investment bank sought to create a fund of about $1.5 billion for clients to join in. The offering was heavily oversubscribed by the time enrollment ended earlier this month.

The full statement provided to DealBook is below:

Goldman Sachs originally intended to conduct a private placement in the U.S. and offshore to investors interested in Facebook. The transaction generated intense media attention following the publication of an article on the evening of January 2, 2011, shortly after the launch of the transaction. In light of this intense media coverage, Goldman Sachs has decided to proceed only with the offer to investors outside the U.S.

Goldman Sachs concluded that the level of media attention might not be consistent with the proper completion of a U.S. private placement under U.S. law. The decision not to proceed in the U.S. was based on the sole judgment of Goldman Sachs and was not required or requested by any other party. We regret the consequences of this decision, but Goldman Sachs believes this is the most prudent path to take.
    Who will defend this poor company from such slanderous slurs?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Let me guess...something witty and insightful?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        Let me guess...something witty and insightful?

Comment

Someone else is going to have to answer.
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't wanna be presumptuous or anything, but I've been saying that for years.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                  .._ .._... _ _

Comment

... --- ...

Comment

.-- .... -.-- / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        .-- .... -.-- / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... ..--..
                        -.--- . ...

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          /.?

Comment

.-- .... --- -.-. .- .-. . ...

As long as drives Dashi nuts

Comment

On-topic, Goldman Sachs are and always have been scumbags. They don't just bamboozle you out of your money, they change the rules in their favour and pre-emptively act on events that they are going to create.

Comment

Working...
                              X