Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The perfect documentry to explain Religion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect documentry to explain Religion!

This is the one that will explain about religions

Please take a lil time to watch then make comments.

I don't agree with everything Bill Maher's says but i do like the showing of how silly and dangerous religions can be .
    This film has not shaken my faith.
    If an alternative view point scares you by thinking it will change your faith then don't watch.
    I think his comments in the last 5 min is BS.
    That is his opinion only.

Comment

What is this, "Religulous?"
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        What is this, "Religulous?"

Comment

This film is fun to watch but clearly isn't a documentary. It misrepresents several things. For example he name-drops the gay gene to debunk a random believer ranting about something without elaborating, let alone pointing out the many competing theories. The editing is very heavy handed. ect.

Also showing that religion is dangerous consists of a clips few suicide bombers and a vague potential threat of global nuclear war caused by religion. Like humans would magically be rational should we get rid of religion. Hokum.

Religion has had a positive effect on humans since it allowed complex adaptive memes to form, it was a grand upgrade of the old verbally transmitted traditions. It allowed people to transfer software even when they didn't understanding why exactly it was adaptive. Religions, even the older religions, are still very good despite massive changes in how we live, at being genetically and otherwise adaptive as shown by birth rates and happiness.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            This film is fun to watch but clearly isn't a documentary. It misrepresents several things. For example he name-drops the gay gene to debunk a random believer ranting about something without elaborating, let alone pointing out the many competing theories. The editing is very heavy handed. ect.

Also showing that religion is dangerous consists of a clips few suicide bombers and a vague potential threat of global nuclear war caused by religion. Like humans would magically be rational should we get rid of religion. Hokum.

Religion has had a positive effect on humans since it allowed complex adaptive memes to form, it was a grand upgrade of the old verbally transmitted traditions. It allowed people to transfer software even when they didn't understanding why exactly it was adaptive. Religions, even the older religions, are still very good despite massive changes in how we live, at being genetically and otherwise adaptive as shown by birth rates and happiness.
            TY for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post

Bill Maher

Richard Dawkins
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Religion sub-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                  Religulous was a documentary Maher made a couple of years ago. It came out in theaters and everything. I didn't go see it, and atheists are free to criticize me for that provided they went and watched Ben Stein's "Expelled." Anyway, I saw "Bill Maher" and assumed you posted a clip from that--I try not to watch videos, since I live in the sticks and our internet provider dispenses bandwidth by the spoonful.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                  X