No announcement yet.

Movies of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm somewhat behind on new movie watching. I've spent the last year gorging on HBO/Showtime/AMC.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
      Dashi has me on ignore

BUT

Im sure he would agree that there is nothing wrong with free downloads.
      I'm sorry, what was that you were saying...?
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
        I'm sorry, what was that you were saying...?
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          I'm somewhat behind on new movie watching. I've spent the last year gorging on HBO/Showtime/AMC.
          HBO

What did you think of The Pacific?

Comment

• Sure, ask about one I haven't seen yet. I had someone burn a copy for me when it aired but for various reasons it never made it to me. I've yet to acquire the DVD.

By all accounts it seems good.

Boardwalk Empire has apparently done well at the awards last night and is also in the "haven't seen" category. I did watch a couple episodes online and enjoyed what I saw.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Sure, ask about one I haven't seen yet. I had someone burn a copy for me when it aired but for various reasons it never made it to me. I've yet to acquire the DVD.

By all accounts it seems good.

Boardwalk Empire has apparently done well at the awards last night and is also in the "haven't seen" category. I did watch a couple episodes online and enjoyed what I saw.
              lol

Comment

I think he's trolling DaShi.
                Speaking of...i need to go take a dump.

Comment

• Just saw Green Hornet.
                  Funny moments.
                  Good but not great.
                  Kinda slow at times.

Comment

• I saw the Kings speech.
                    Very,very good.
                    I fely so sorry for the guy.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to Thor. Not that I think it'll be a good movie. In all likelihood, it will be terrible. But it's Kenneth Branagh directing Anthony Hopkins in a comic book movie. It's going to be terrible in an interesting way. You can just imagine the conversation at the studio.

"Hey, audiences loved Robert Downey Junior in Iron Man. They loved Edward Norton in the Hulk movie. We get Don frikkin' Cheadle to play second banana in Iron Man 2? They even love that! Baby, serious smart-person character actors are comic book movie gold! So, what's next?"
                      "Thor."
                      "...oh."
                      "Yeah, it's gonna..."
                      "...look like a music video for a big-hair metal band no matter what we do, right."
                      "Crap."
                      "Okay, we can handle this, we just need the big guns. Get me the most venerable, Oscar-slinging Brit thespian you can find."
                      "I don't think that's going to cut it."
                      "So get whatsisface, that guy that spent the last twenty years doing Shakespeare. Put him at the helm, they'll all be sweating charisma over their shiny metal pants."
                      "Genius!"
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        I'm looking forward to Thor. Not that I think it'll be a good movie. In all likelihood, it will be terrible. But it's Kenneth Branagh directing Anthony Hopkins in a comic book movie. It's going to be terrible in an interesting way. You can just imagine the conversation at the studio.

"Hey, audiences loved Robert Downey Junior in Iron Man. They loved Edward Norton in the Hulk movie. We get Don frikkin' Cheadle to play second banana in Iron Man 2? They even love that! Baby, serious smart-person character actors are comic book movie gold! So, what's next?"
                        "Thor."
                        "...oh."
                        "Yeah, it's gonna..."
                        "...look like a music video for a big-hair metal band no matter what we do, right."
                        "Crap."
                        "Okay, we can handle this, we just need the big guns. Get me the most venerable, Oscar-slinging Brit thespian you can find."
                        "So get whatsisface, that guy that spent the last twenty years doing Shakespeare. Put him at the helm, they'll all be sweating charisma over their shiny metal pants."
                        "Genius!"
                        sure won't like Green hornet

Comment

• bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            I'm looking forward to Thor. Not that I think it'll be a good movie. In all likelihood, it will be terrible. But it's Kenneth Branagh directing Anthony Hopkins in a comic book movie. It's going to be terrible in an interesting way. You can just imagine the conversation at the studio.

"Thor."
                            "...oh."
                            "Yeah, it's gonna..."
                            "Crap."
                            "Genius!"
                            yeah big suprise people like good actors.

your criticism here is nonsensical. iam not saying thor is gona be a good movie but it atleast deserves to be watched before you go nerd on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                              yeah big suprise people like good actors.

your criticism here is nonsensical. iam not saying thor is gona be a good movie but it atleast deserves to be watched before you go nerd on it.
                              concure

Comment

• Vanishing on 7th Street

very, very ,very bad movie!!!!!!!
                                wait to see it when it's free or don't see it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X