Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    I need to get something off my chest.

I'm having a hard time understanding British accent.
    No offence.
    The accent of the words is making it hard to understand without subtitles.
    I j/k about this before, but it really is a seriouse prob Im having enjoying some of these movies.
    Any suggestions?
    besides having to wait for the dvd?
    Aw don't talk such bollocks...

It's hilarious some of the US docs we get over here where they have subtitles for someone speaking perfectly reasonable English!

I don't have any prob with any of the US dialects - all perfectly understandable to me. The only issue really should be slang etc, but even then there's context that should help you figure out the gist of what they're talking about. Just like your Scots clip, perfectly understandable as long as you know the slang, which I mostly do and can figure out the rest...

The prob with your country is that everything is handed to you on a plate, no effort is required for anything.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Currently watching: Paths of Glory

There's a fine film if ever there was one!

Comment

• Kubrick
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Life Is Beautiful

very good

saw it when it was metioned during the ocars.

Comment

• I found
            The Kings Speech!!!!!!!!!!

My rating later to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              Damn,damn!!!!!!
              can't find The Kings Speech either!!!
              Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              Danm it!!!
              cant find Barney's verson.
              Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              I found
              The Kings Speech!!!!!!!!!!

My rating later to come.

What is all ths "can't find" and "found" crap? Are you confessing to illegal downloading?
              Unbelievable!

Comment

• I think he's trolling DaShi.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I'll be watching The King's Speech in a proper cinema setting tomorrow - none of this download crap...

Comment

• I'll wait for the DVD.

Comment

• Well, I figure it will only cost me £2.15 and it's on my way from work. I'll still be home before 8pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                        What is all ths "can't find" and "found" crap? Are you confessing to illegal downloading?
                        im not catholic

http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                          Well, I figure it will only cost me £2.15 and it's on my way from work. I'll still be home before 8pm.
                          Yes but you can't smoke or spark a joint at the theater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            Yes but you can't smoke or spark a joint at the theater.
                            pauss to take a piss is my big complaint

Comment

• Yeah, that too. I'm not as young as I once was.

Comment

• Dashi has me on ignore

BUT

Im sure he would agree that there is nothing wrong with free downloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X