• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    Yes
    Thank you for telling me about it.
    This why I started this topic.
    Thank Moby. He mentioned it.

I haven't seen it yet but most certainly will (on DVD).
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The Eagle

This looks good!!!!

Comment

Barney's Version

Can't wait!!!!!

Comment

Have you looked at the trailer for The Eagle?

Comment

No, I rarely watch trailers. Anything can be anything in a trailer.

I check, cast, director, plot, budget, etc.

The Eagle looks like a good guy flic (action/violence) but has little to suggest it would be a "good" movie. We obviously have different definitions of that word as it relates to film.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              2010 according to IMDB.

Another one for you Doc:

Barney's Version. I enjoy Richler's writing and Paul Giamatti is a fine actor (given the right role).
              Fine, whatever. Released here in the UK in 2011. Sorry if I am unable to travel back in time to 2010 to watch it.

The Eagle looks OK as a meathead swords and sandals actioner, but it looks like it is essentially cashing on Centurion last year. I imagine it will be a bit like Centurion 2 really...

Battle: Los Angeles looks like cashing in on Monsters/Skyline, which were both pretty crappy...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

No, I rarely watch trailers. Anything can be anything in a trailer.

I check, cast, director, plot, budget, etc.

The Eagle looks like a good guy flic (action/violence) but has little to suggest it would be a "good" movie. We obviously have different definitions of that word as it relates to film.
                Lets share info about fav movies.
                Citizen Kane is the best movie ever made hand down.
                my #1 is The Godfather
                #2 The Godfather II

#3 sooo many.

Joy luck club
                Jaws..because it scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.
                Last three star wars movies
                ect ect ect

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  Fine, whatever. Released here in the UK in 2011. Sorry if I am unable to travel back in time to 2010 to watch it.
                  So if I track down an old b&w movie that I haven't seen yet it counts as 2011?

Admit you goofed and moved on.

Comment

I don't know what your source for 2011 release is Doc but you might find this site interesting.

http://www.movieinsider.com/movies/-/2011/
                    The Way Back and London Boulevard are on that list, I would recommend them both as I saw them last year.

Last year being 2010, Wezil...

Comment

Monsters/Skyline made me wanna puke.

Comment

Its ok any year is fine just suggest a good movie.

Comment

So if I track down an old b&w movie that I haven't seen yet it counts as 2011?

Admit you goofed and moved on.
                          i goofed

Comment

I saw this one lst year.
                            I liked it very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                              The Way Back and London Boulevard are on that list, I would recommend them both as I saw them last year.

Last year being 2010, Wezil...
                              As they (and The Kings Speech) are ALL 2010 release movies that would make sense Moby.

Comment

I will go out on a limb and recommend the US remake of Swedish film 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'.

The original only came out in the UK last year (it's a 2009 movie) and was totally awesome. The remake? Well, they're usually crap. However it does have a few things going for it: David Fincher (probably because of Se7en) and a strong cast including Daniel Craig, who bears more than a passing resemblance to the Swedish actor he's playing. It's the first of a trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                                X