Working on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on Saturday

It isn't as awesome as you'd think it would be. I missed work on Thursday and so, for the first time since I stopped working retail five and a half years ago, I'm working on the weekend to make up the time.

No one else is here. I've got the whole office to myself. It's kind of boring.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

I occasionally work from home on the weekend. I'm a fan of 6 hours < per work day so sometimes things don't get done.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

This is my first Saturday off since 18th December.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

My work is technically classified so I can't do it from home. Blegh.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Before I reached the work at home status I spent many weekends in an empty office. I feel your pain.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks.

I guess I could, maybe, take my pants off and dance around. That would be fun, right?

Comment

Anything for an excuse?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm not allowed to bring my work home with me.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I left for lunch and when I got back someone had taken my awesome parking space right next to the door. Grr. That means I'm not the only person in the building.

Comment

i work on saturdays, but it's very rare that i work a 6 day week. i tend to have 1 or 2 days during the week, which is nice.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                    X