Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a copy of the "my complete tech tree" forum thread? I can't find it anywhere.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a copy of the "my complete tech tree" forum thread? I can't find it anywhere.

Hey all,

A while ago there was a tech tree posted by a Polyton which had 140 technologies, separated into Prehistoric, Ancient, Classical, Medieval, Gunpowder, Enlightenment, Industrial, Modern, Information and Future ages, starting with six base techs: Foraging, Hunting, Fire, Stonecutting, Herding and Paganism.

I wrote down by hand in a notebook the tech tree, and I think this tech tree is interesting it that it synchs with a bunch of other theories, such as the history ideas of Oswald Spengler, and stages of cultural development from Ken Wilber's Integral Theory.

Why I'm asking for a copy of the thread, if anyone knows where I can get it, I'm thinking of writing a novel including these various theories and this tech tree as a basis for a story about the cultural evolution of humankind.

If anyone has any info please let me know, I'll put you in the Aknowledgements section if I ever manage to get the darn thing fully written one day.

Cheers

MattBowron
    "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

I honestly don't remember this at all. Try PMing DanS as he is the former owner and is likely to remember the expanded tech tree you are talking about.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

DanS as he is the former owner

It's comforting to know that, as much as things may change, Oerdin being wrong about everything will always stay the same.

Comment

Any additional information you remember might help make it easier to find it. Do you remember what specific forum it was in?
        Are you talking a few years ago, or many years ago? Was it simply a general discussion, or did it relate to specifically one of the games that is discussed here?
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

DanQ not S. One little typo and drake jumps on it.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's a tough audience, Nerdin.

Comment

It was probably too many years ago for people to recall. It was around 2004, when I was in New Zealand at an Internet Cafe, I wrote the notes of the original table into a notebook. The notes I can post if anyone wants a looksee.
                "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

CORRECTION: The thread I'm looking for does exist in Apolyton.
                  It's known more correctly as "my complete technology tree"
                  It's in Civ III archives, but I can't expand it to actually read the information
                  Anyone know how to open it?

Comment

I've sent a PM to one of the owners to see if he can help you. With the change to the new server, I have no clue if they still actually have it, but at least they are now aware of your request.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thank you so much Ming, I really appreciate it.

Comment

The archives are (most probably) lost
                        I'll see if I can find ways to find this post anyway....

Thanks for the heads up Ming.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thanks for offering your assistance Rob, I really appreciate it mate.
                          Maybe I should just post the darn table and have another conversation about it, if that's cool with people

Comment

Working...
                          X