Workplace cynicism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    As usual, KH is wrong - I'm an electronical engineer that has ended up in working with library systems and I probably know way more about computers than KH ever will
    You're a librarian because somebody who knew something about computers would have known that it's impossible to meaningfully compress streams of doubles which are the output of a monte carlo simulation
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's not remotely true. I can probably express any arbitrary-length sequence you produce into a few hundred bytes.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        You're a librarian because somebody who knew something about computers would have known that it's impossible to meaningfully compress streams of doubles which are the output of a monte carlo simulation
        Oh, christ, did it feel that good when I raped you ass ? or has it just healed so you can take yet another round ?

Honestly, it has been a bliss while you had me on ignore. but I assume that you have come to sense again,
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
          That's not remotely true. I can probably express any arbitrary-length sequence you produce into a few hundred bytes.
          Sure, but noone would belive you

PS. Well, that is probably a common reaction, so why do I bother to say it ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

for an alleged computer expert you are remarkably ignorant of actual computer science...

Comment

Godel coding doesn't count
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

WTF. It seems that all of the critters crawl out of their hidings tonight - both KH and KW has decided to drop their ignorance of me at the same time - naw, that is actually cute - guess that Kuci can from now of be named some kind of cute doggy that barf in unison with KH

Kuci, you have in so many ways displayed that you are a failure, so please shut up before you embarass yourself even more .

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                  Oh, christ, did it feel that good when I raped you ass ? or has it just healed so you can take yet another round ?

Honestly, it has been a bliss while you had me on ignore. but I assume that you have come to sense again,
                  Funny then, that 2 physicists and two computer scientists all spent 4 pages laughing at you
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Have you tried logarithms?

What a classic thread that was...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Godel coding doesn't count
                      It does in computer science, and you've handily guaranteed a lower bound on the Kolmogorov complexity of the sequence

Comment

Does Blackcat still not understand #32?

Comment

It does in computer science, and you've handily guaranteed a lower bound on the Kolmogorov complexity of the sequence
                          An encoding that takes as long to create/decompress as the original simulation took to run is hardly an improvement....
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Does Blackcat still not understand #32?
                            Does this surprise you?
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Funny then, that 2 physicists and two computer scientists all spent 4 pages laughing at you

Not my fault that they were wrong

Steven Weinberg

Comment

An encoding that takes as long to create/decompress as the original simulation took to run is hardly an improvement....
                                Not when cycles are cheap and bandwidth is expensive

Comment

Working...
                                X