Togo
    1.69%
    Tongo
    1.69%
    Haiti
    1.69%
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Macedonia - wine.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Myanmar
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I looked over the list three times. Why isn't Brazil on there?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

One of those African countries with oil, and Vietnam, because it's the next China.

Comment

I wouldn't invest in China because I don't particularly trust their accounting standards. To be honest, I probably wouldn't invest in any of these countries but if I had to pick among this list I'd say India, South Africa and the Phillipines because they seem relatively safe from corruption, instability and government intervention.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I wouldn't invest in China because I don't particularly trust their accounting standards. To be honest, I probably wouldn't invest in any of these countries but if I had to pick among this list I'd say India, South Africa and the Phillipines because they seem relatively safe from corruption, instability and government intervention.
              The Philippines safe from corruption?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                The Philippines safe from corruption?
                India?

Anyway, I don't see corruption as a hindrance to investment. It's predictable and thus already factoried in the cost of companies operating there. E: Stability is more important.

Comment

I really don't know much about this stuff, so I'm using my intuition. If I were to actually invest overseas I would do a lot more research.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The Philippines are notorious for corruption. You might have heard of Ferdinand Marcos? And it wasn't just him; there is a rampant culture of corruption in the Philippines (it's why Lancer's there )

It seems like the rule of thumb is, if it is a former Spanish colony, avoid it
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah, but do any developing countries have low corruption?

Comment

Kenya is a very stable and pro-Western country with a capitalist economy and high growth prospects. It being a former British colony with an English-speaking population also helps.

Kenya's economy is market-based, with a few state-owned infrastructure enterprises, and maintains a liberalized external trade system. The country is generally perceived as Eastern and Central Africa's hub for Financial, Communication and Transportation services. As at May 2010, economic prospects are positive with 4-5% GDP growth expected, largely because of expansions in tourism, telecommunications, transport, construction and a recovery in agriculture. The World Bank predicts growth of 4% in 2010 and a potential of 4.9% growth in 2011.[44] These improvements are supported by a large pool of English speaking professional workers. There is a high level of computer literacy, especially among the youth.

The government is generally perceived as investment friendly and has enacted several regulatory reforms to simplify both foreign and local investment. An increasingly significant portion of Kenya's foreign inflows is from remittances by non-resident Kenyans who work in the US, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Compared to its neighbors, Kenya has a well developed social and physical infrastructure making it an attractive alternative location to South Africa, for major corporations seeking entry into the African continent.

In March 1996, the Presidents of Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda re-established the East African Community (EAC). The EAC's objectives include harmonizing tariffs and customs regimes, free movement of people, and improving regional infrastructures. In March 2004, the three East African countries signed a Customs Union Agreement.

Nairobi continues to be the primary communication and financial hub of East Africa. It enjoys the region's best transportation linkages, communications infrastructure, and trained personnel. A wide range of foreign firms maintain regional branch or representative offices in the city.
                        Kenya is East and Central Africa's hub for Financial services. The Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE) is ranked 4th in Africa in terms of Market capitalization.

The Kenya banking system is supervised by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). As of late July 2004, the system consisted of 43 commercial banks (down from 48 in 2001), several non-bank financial institutions, including mortgage companies, four savings and loan associations, and several score foreign-exchange bureaus.[45]

As at April 2010 Kenya's inflation rate is 3.65%.
                        Kenya would be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          The Philippines are notorious for corruption. You might have heard of Ferdinand Marcos? And it wasn't just him; there is a rampant culture of corruption in the Philippines (it's why Lancer's there )

It seems like the rule of thumb is, if it is a former Spanish colony, avoid it
                          I don't know... I'd chose Chile or Uruguay over the Philippines and Cuba... I think it's you guys who ****ed things up when you stepped in
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Didn't we **** with Chile?

Comment

According to Transparency International's 2010 corruption perception index, the least corrupt developing countries include, in order of least corruption:

Barbados, Qatar, Chile, (the USA is here for comparison), Estonia, Slovenia, UAE, Botswana, Bhutan, Brunei, Costa Rica, Oman, (Poland is here for comparison)

Comment

Working...
                              X