ex smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex smokers

Before I smoked the smell of smoke did not bother me.
    When I foolishly started smoking it did not bother me.
    I quit about six years ago.
    What I have noticed is that the smell of smoking just makes me want to puke.
    I can't stand to be around the stench of smoking.
    I have mentioned this to some ex smokers who like me is bothered by second hand smoke even tho being a smoker at one time.
    Also some are not bothered by second hand smoke.
    I find this odd and wonder if anyone has a answer?
    Does this also bother ex smokers here as well?

I quit almost 3 years ago. I still love the smell, more so than when I did smoke, and will even try to sit downwind of my buddies that still do.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've never smoked, and hate the smell.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There should be no more ex smokers.

Because all current smokers should be shot.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Quitters.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah. I've never quit being annoyed by tobacco smoke
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'm actually a step ahead of you.

Once done with tobacco I want a pull press made on perfumes/scents/colognes etc. They can be hell on my allergies.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Cig smoke used to make me cough & sputter. Somehow, despite this, I started smoking.

When I was a smoker, 2nd hand smoke still bothered me a bit (unfiltered, obviously). Now, having quit, it's a lot more noticeable. My sense of smell, which was pretty good even when I was smoking, has returned in full.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't mind the smell of someone smoking, but I hate how it stinks up my clothes if I get too close. Fortunately that seems to be a thing of the past now that bars and restaurants don't allow smoking.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I don't miss my sense of smell (see my previous post).

Comment

Actually, it's more stale second hand smoke (say smoke lingering in a stairwell, or wafting off of the clothes of a smoker) that is disgusting to me. Walking past someone smoking... sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it tempts me. DAMN YOU DEMON TOBACCO!

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm asthmatic, so of course I hate it. I think smoking anything should be illegal, at least in public places. If you want your fix, chew the crap.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I quit almost 3 years ago. I still love the smell, more so than when I did smoke, and will even try to sit downwind of my buddies that still do.
                          I'll be standing on the tee box and 1 of my buds will exhale smoke and I'm chasing it down with my nose leading the way

and the smell is even better than when I did smoke too

the weird thing is though I swiped a pack of smokes from my dad when I was a teen and we went up on a hill and puffed away, and I got sick to my stomach. I didn't try it again for 7-8 years and then I got hooked. So I quit about 2 years ago and I tried a cig this past summer... and I got sick to my stomach, so bad I nearly puked and my head was spinning.

And they tell me pot gets you high? Jesus, cigs can deck me faster than hard booze...

Comment

I absolutely hate that stench. Do they know how bad they smell? There are occasions when it doesn't smell strongly, then it's OK. But sometimes it seems that some people after a certain smoke, they smell so freaking bad it makes you want to puke and they clearly are not aware of it.

I don't hate the smell of 2nd hand smoke, it's OK to me. It's especially OK since I don't crave it anymore. I'm not a smokenazi though... people do what they want to do, that's fine. I'm fine with establishment where you can smoke, I can go to another place with fresh air should I want that.

But the smell is amazing. You realize it when you quit that "did I smell like that, wow?".
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                              I absolutely hate that stench. Do they know how bad they smell? There are occasions when it doesn't smell strongly, then it's OK. But sometimes it seems that some people after a certain smoke, they smell so freaking bad it makes you want to puke and they clearly are not aware of it.

I don't hate the smell of 2nd hand smoke, it's OK to me. It's especially OK since I don't crave it anymore. I'm not a smokenazi though... people do what they want to do, that's fine. I'm fine with establishment where you can smoke, I can go to another place with fresh air should I want that.

But the smell is amazing. You realize it when you quit that "did I smell like that, wow?".
                              yes, exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X