Martyrs for someone else's religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martyrs for someone else's religion?

Okay, not exactly. But it's still pretty cool.

Summary for the lazy: Egypt's Coptic Christians were attacked by extremists during a New Years' Mass in Alexandria, leaving 21 dead. So, for their old-calendar Christmas mass last Thursday, thousands of Muslims--including the president's kids--attended services around the country as human shields. No services were attacked.

So, is there a mosque I need to run cover for?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

finally regular muslims are coming out in the public... they should come out of the shadows more like this
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Religious extremists, no matter which religion, are a problem. It's the nut jobs that give all relgions a bad name.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

Summary for the lazy: Egypt's Coptic Christians were attacked by extremists during a New Years' Mass in Alexandria, leaving 21 dead. So, for their old-calendar Christmas mass last Thursday, thousands of Muslims--including the president's kids--attended services around the country as human shields. No services were attacked.

Yea, I heard about this, it is a pretty fantastic show of support.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Decent people from whatever-their-belief-system

Comment

Indeed
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Awesome show of support!

The majority of any people just want to live in peace and get on with life - it's always the odd few % that spoil it for the rest of us.
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Indeed. And when they are shown how little support they have, it is a beautiful thing.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

good.

Something similar i seen the other day- a blip on yahoo news- talked about sectarian violence in Iraq and against xians in particular, but had a small picture with the caption "christians and muslims protesting against the violence". I thought to myself about freaking time.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Decency
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                      Decent people from whatever-their-belief-system
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        Indeed. And when they are shown how little support they have, it is a beautiful thing.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

That's a great act from these muslims!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Now we just need some christians to stand around the ground zero mosque.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                              X