A Bayesian Argument for the Resurrection of Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bayesian Argument for the Resurrection of Jesus

This is wrong in so many ways... but after reading more of it than I would have thought it is wrong in sometimes interesting ways.

Even if it wasn't interesting the OP title It gives me a excuse to make is just awesome.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I agree that posting links to PDFs is wrong...

Comment

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What is a bayesian?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          What is a bayesian?
          Bayesian reasoning
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

So you are actually concerned with the probability of the resurrection of Jesus?

Comment

For me the best non supernatural option, is that Romans crucified him "badly" and that somehow he survived the crucifiction, that he was taken off the cross too soon, before he had died, or thinking that he had died when he had only fainted.

Then, he regains consciousness in the tomb, and the rest is history

I am a Christian, a Catholic, and I think he resurrected and is God, btw

But something similar to a resurrection must have happened, be it the failed crucifiction, or the resurrection itself, because many people who knew the historical Jesus lived bad lives as persecuted minorities and ended up getting murdered in quite horrible ways, those people must have thought that something divine had really happened.
              I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                No, that's a reading list. Summarise.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bayesian refers to methods in probability and statistics named after the Reverend Thomas Bayes (ca. 1702–1761), in particular methods related to:
                  the degree-of-belief interpretation of probability, as opposed to frequency or proportion or propensity interpretations; or
                  Bayes' theorem on conditional probability.

I don't know who is lazier, Herc or you.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I considered starting a thread entitled "A Keynesian Argument for the Resurrection of Jesus." Then I realized I don't know enough about Keynes for that, and after reading the Wiki I didn't have the energy to do the gag thread properly. But, y'know, just FYI, I did think of it.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So you are saying Jesus was an African (from Kenya) and thus the resurrection was a voodoo trick? Old hat...

Comment

im 12 and what is this
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

... a trap for pedophiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              im 12 and what is this
                              ?

Comment

Working...
                              X