Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Report suspicious activity! Total Bull----! You have created a self fulfilling prophecy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Report suspicious activity! Total Bull----! You have created a self fulfilling prophecy"

Thus says the note in the packages delivered yesterday and today in the DC area that burst into flame when opened.

I don't like those signs either. Remind me of communist-style thought police.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

The suspect has already been branded a "terrorist".
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He was probably acting suspiciously. If only someone reported him...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
        Thus says the note in the packages delivered yesterday and today in the DC area that burst into flame when opened.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...IDDLTopStories
        YOU ARE MY FAVORITE POSTER ON THIS SITE BECAUSE YOU POST ON A VARIETY OF TOPICS AND ALWAYS HAVE YOUR OWN SPECIAL INSIGHT INTO THEM

Comment

I haven't seen them. Is this like a Crime Stoppers sort of thing?

1 - 800 - YOU - SQUEAL?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            The suspect has already been branded a "terrorist".
            How can one be a terrorist when the domestic population likely agrees with his cause?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
              How can one be a terrorist when the domestic population likely agrees with his cause?
              You tell me?

As with "fascist", the word is being so overused and its definition so stretched that it is starting to have little real meaning anymore.

edit - From CNN

"If their ideology is they are trying to disrupt the government to get their point across, then they are a terrorist," Sheridan said.
              Last edited by Wezil; January 7, 2011, 18:44.

Comment

I have reported this thread to the moderators. It seems posters here have something to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                  YOU ARE MY FAVORITE POSTER ON THIS SITE BECAUSE YOU POST ON A VARIETY OF TOPICS AND ALWAYS HAVE YOUR OWN SPECIAL INSIGHT INTO THEM
                  What about me?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Those "report suspicious activity" signs downtown piss me off too. I saw one graffiti'd with "end big brother--nobama" on it, which leads me to believe it isn't really popular with anyone, as it doesn't seem like a Democrat thing either.

Whoever graffiti'd it was an idiot though. It was in sharpie.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I feel that those signs should be reported for being suspicious.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Remind me of McCarthy-style thought police.
                        fixed

Apart from that, I agree
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

It's the Uni....flamer!

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                          X