Reality: Real or Fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality: Real or Fake

Now I've believed in and blindly followed reality my entire life. However I must say that I am not so sure about reality anymore. Recently I did intensive filosophical studies about reality, mainly by watching the Matrix movies.

Think about it, if, say the Chinese, claimed they had lotsa people, like 1,3 billion or something, would you believe them? I mean have you counted them? And let's not forget they're all lying commies, so maybe they don't have all that much people after all.

I never seen much more than some thousand of them together on TV. Maybe the regime parades a small number of them back and forth in public so that we think they're oh so many. History is written by the victor, so who knows if they didn't add some 100 millions in books after WWII. I don't say this is fact, but we may never know.

But that's just an example. There are other signs that facts and reality might not be what they seem to be, but I guess it's herd mentality to think it's all real (I dunno if that makes much sense, but I wanted to mention "herd mentality" in this thread at all costs, because it proves I'm superior to all those showing a "herd mentality", which are nearly all people except those complaining explicitly about herd mentality).

Discuss.
    Last edited by BeBMan; January 6, 2011, 15:09.
    Blah

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago while I was in the bathroom

Can you imagine 1300 million people, all of the same ethnicity? Who are forced to have one kid by the gov and don't rebel?
    If you add the population of the UK, Spain, Germany, France, Russia, Turkey, Iran and Egypt you don't get to half the population of China.

They are either much less, or ant like and soul-less like south park says.
    I need a foot massage

Comment

This thread is clearly fake.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Reality is what you can get away with (Robert Anton Wilson)

Comment

In SOVIET RUSSIA, reality fakes YOU!
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Reality is both real and fake.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
            X