No announcement yet.

NYC polymeet 1-22 and/or 1-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet you would kill to be employed in this industry (literally).
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      I don't see what's to be proud of. You're a corporate stooge in probably the most notorious and publicly unpopular industry in America, post-financial crisis.
      GS was ranked #22 in the Top 100 employers to work for this year.

The Marines was not on the list. Something about working conditions, pay, career advancement, benefits, etc?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I don't see what's to be proud of. You're a corporate stooge in probably the most notorious and publicly unpopular industry in America, post-financial crisis.
        Sour grapes methinks. Before you can moan you need to get your own house in order. I wouldn't fancy his job myself but at least he is doing something with his life.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          GS was ranked #22 in the Top 100 employers to work for this year.

The Marines was not on the list. Something about working conditions, pay, career advancement, benefits, etc?
          I'm not sure I trust those surverys. Accountancy firms always seem to come out on top.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I can imagine GS would be good to their own employees (apart from the slavedriving) but they definitely externalise their sh*ttiness to the rest of society
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
              Al, would you turn down a job at GS?
              I would

Comment

I know its hard but students should try to surpass their mentors. So too, KH should be destined to be your coffee monkey.

Comment

I've turned down an offer from an investment bank.

Mind you, it wasn't on the level of GS and it actually doesn't exist anymore...but if I did accept I'd probably just be working for Barclays like the rest of my then-colleagues.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I was at PwC's offices the days following Lehman's collapse (on a different case). A lot of people got called out to clean up that mess.

Comment

I used to work for Lehman Brothers. They were alright. I even got to leave at before 6pm.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

That explains why they collapsed.*

*both that you worked there and that they were useless lazy bastards... actually, that explains how you got the job?
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

When did you work there?

Comment

You what's interesting about DC, their license plates say "No Taxation without Representation." Just seems like an unusual place to have a political statement to me. Also, Obama dyes his hair. That is also interesting.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              When did you work there?
                              I was there back in approx 1998. They were based in Broadgate, by Liverpool Street, back then.

During my Capitalist Years, I worked for Deutsche Morgan Grenfell, Banque Paribas, Credit Suisse First Boston, Lehman Brothers and Morgan Stanley.

Morgan Stanley was best, CSFB were the worst!
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

CS were the #1 pain in the ass to work with as well for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X