X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SlowwHand (Dallas Dead Dwarf Tossers)

1. Zsa Zsa Gabor
    Surely this poor woman...
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Susannah York, the British actress whose gamine looks and demure persona made her an icon of the swinging 60s, has died at the age of 72. She passed away yesterday following a long battle with bone marrow cancer. York won acclaim for her roles in They Shoot Horses, Don't They? – the 1969 film role for which she was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe – as well as A Man For All Seasons in 1966 and as the feisty section officer who took on Kenneth More in the stirring second world war epic Battle of Britain in 1969.

She also had an extensive and critically acclaimed stage career, which included roles in The Singular Life of Albert Nobbs and Henry James's play Appearances, and continued to act late into her life. She was also a children's author, penning two fantasy novels.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Apple Inc. chief executive Steve Jobs is taking a medical leave of absence from the computer giant he built into the most valuable technology company on the planet.

On Monday, Apple announced that for the second time in two years, Mr. Jobs has been forced to take time off from his duties at Apple due to concerns about his health, raising new concerns about his long term future with the company.

In an email to Apple employees, Mr. Jobs said he will retain his role as chief executive of the Cupertino, California computer giant, but that chief operating officer Tim Cook would take over day-to-day operations in his absence.

Read more: http://business.financialpost.com/20...#ixzz1BIqifCut

He's on a couple lists.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The way things have gone the last few years for my selections, I would like to officially change the nick name for my picks.

In honor of one of my many unique picks (which is pretty much a guarantee for continued long life and health), Ozzy Osbourne, I would like to change from the "Mingapulco Graveyard" to "Never Say Die". It's only fitting.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I will work on it but it will take time to show up everywhere (as I need to edit files). Mingapulco Graveyard is a well established name.

Comment

On a similar note -

stonesfan and OneFootInTheGrave are the only two players to have not indicated a team name.

A team name is not required but if this was an oversight I'd be glad to include one of your choosing.

Comment

With a handle like OneFootInTheGrave, is a nickname really needed
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Probably not. It does come ready made.

In other news -

We're 3 days away from the slowest start ever. Combined with the earliest finish last year (October 30th was last death) we will be nearing all time drought status soon.

Something just isn't right.

Comment

Maybe everybody is using the same picking strategy I use

I keep looking in this thread whenever somebody posts hoping to finally end my long drought... Hope springs eternal...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Zsa Zsa seems to be most likely to be our first.

She just has to make that final hop.

Comment

I hope she lives to be 100. In fact, I hope that nobody on my list dies this year.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Her quality of life is not very great.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                            In fact, I hope that nobody on my list dies this year.
                            Meh. I'll shed no tears for Castro. He's lived too long as it is.

Comment

I would love it if no one on any of our lists were to die this year. That would be awesome.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Anyone? I didn't look.

BETHESDA, Md. — Sargent Shriver, a former Peace Corps director and Democratic vice presidential candidate, has died, NBC News has confirmed.

Shriver's family and a spokeswoman for Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland, confirmed earlier Tuesday that he was in the hospital and in critical condition but declined to provide any additional information. Shriver, 95, suffered from Alzheimer's disease.

Comment

Working...
                                X