Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are private schools corrupting our youth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are private schools corrupting our youth?

This is not your stereotypical "private schools suck because they have school uniforms, whereas public schools rock because they don't" thread. This is looking at more important issues, such as religious, individual, sexual, romantic, and creative repression.

Religious schools force kids and teens to follow a certain religious belief. When you're a child you are consequently forced or at the very least severely encouraged to believe in God at religious schools. Then when that kid grows up and becomes a teenager and adult, they are typically the religion they were forced to be as due to their schooling. If your parents force you to go to a Muslim school, then you'll most likely be Muslim, even if as a teenager in a Muslim high school, you don't want to be a Muslim and you don't believe in Islam.

Also, all-boys and all-girls schools, and consequently school uniforms prohibit healthy growth for teenagers. Could you imagine how impossible it would be to go through puberty when you're only surrounded by males? It's like forcing them to become homosexual and repressing their ability to form relationships and explore their sexuality like normal teenagers do. Since they force teens to wear school uniforms, they repress individuality and creativity as well. They also teach one-sided biased information, such as "Islam is the only real religion" and stuff like that. Also bear in mind that students who go to private schools are socially challenged, because they lack understanding for how the public world works, since they are forced to wear school uniforms and go to private schools instead of mingling with the general population.

Students who attend private schools often grow up to become less tolerant than students who attend public schools, as you can see here: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/opinion/30blow.html
    Last edited by Alpha Protocol; December 28, 2010, 18:21.

No.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Can we ban this spammer?

His posts aren't even worth anything.

1) Stereotypical private schools suck because of uniforms thread? How can something be stereotypical when it doesn't exist? Why are you so obsessed with school uniforms? No one else gives a ****.
      2) Religious schools don't force kids to do anything. Maybe in 1850 they did but not now. I went to Catholic school for 2 years and there was no forcing ****. (there might have been sodomy though but I avoided the priest )
      3) Forcing them to be homosexual
      4) Do we really want teenagers to 'explore their sexuality'? I mean seriously? Teenage pregnancy, anyone?
      5) What creativity or individuality is being repressed by mere clothing? Are you saying you are so shallow, you are entirely defined by the clothes you put on your body and define others likewise? Or do you feel that you are creative with your clothing choices? Whatever kind of clothing is considered 'creative' probably has no business in public, let alone in a learning environment.
      6) Again, religious-based schools usually don't teach dumb **** like this faith is the only way. At least not Catholic schools.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        2) Religious schools don't force kids to do anything. Maybe in 1850 they did but not now. I went to Catholic school for 2 years and there was no forcing ****. (there might have been sodomy though but I avoided the priest )
        dude if they'd been sodomy there, then you would have been knocking at the priest's door 24/7...
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

He's certainly boring, banging on about school uniforms the whole time.

Comment

He's not boring, he's a teenagist!
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

He edited his post

Also bear in mind that students who go to private schools are socially challenged, because they lack understanding for how the public world works, since they are forced to wear school uniforms and go to private schools instead of mingling with the general population.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Why is this not a poll? Where can I click to give my opinion about this important issue?

Comment

Private schools are full of coke heads. It's a well known fact.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Would it be silly to ask for some sort of informed opinion and/or discussion of the quality of education received at private vs. public schools?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Hello, I see you are talking about public schools. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Alby's school is #45 in the country and sucks. My school is #1 in the country and rocks. I learned a lot of computer science there. Finance is a worthless major. KrazyHorse likes to brag. No Child Left Behind changed everything.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Hello, I see you are talking about public schools. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

Alby's school is #45 in the country and sucks. My school is #1 in the country and rocks. I learned a lot of computer science there. Finance is a worthless major. KrazyHorse likes to brag. No Child Left Behind changed everything.
                        I'm just glad you have memorized that it's #45 I have won

Comment

Yet you're still unemployed and living in Philadelphia. Odd way to win...
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Well, he clearly wasn't lacking opportunities.

Comment

Working...
                            X