Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like Firefox tabs to work, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like Firefox tabs to work, please.

So yesterday I set up my new computer system (it's a sweet thing) with Windows 7.

I set Firefox as my default browser and then I went to Tools --> Options --> Tabs to make sure that tabbed browsing was set.

Yet, when I open a new website, it does not work. It just replaces my current, opened website with the new one. Has anyone else have had this problem? Is there something about Windows 7 that causes this problem with Firefox tabbed browsing?

What else can I do to try to fix this? Thanks for any help.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

A regular link will always open in the same window. Use the mouse wheel button to open links in new tabs (or shift-click).
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

CTRL-click.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Firefox used to open new websites automatically, without my having to use any shortcut keys or commands IIRC.

And it's not just links; even when I type in a URL in the bar above, it opens it replacing an already open website instead of opening in a new tab. Same problem with my bookmarks, too. I have to right click for option to open in a new tab instead of just having a new tab open automatically.

Comment

That would possibly be the most retarded thing ever.

It could very well have directed websites which indicate to open new windows into new tabs, which is a feature. But links will always open in the same window they're in unless the website says make a new window, or the user says so by holding a modifier key.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You're losing, what, two-thirds of a second right-clicking that way?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Switch to chrome.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                You're losing, what, two-thirds of a second right-clicking that way?
                You have no idea what other things I can get done in two-thirds of a second.

Comment

You can see a doctor for that.

Comment

As long as it doesn't take him more than four hours, it's not necessarily a problem, Asher.
                    1011 1100

Comment

It is a very serious problem.

Comment

Some like it...very, very short. In theory. Besides, it might not be medical. He might've just read a Lincoln speech.
                        1011 1100

Comment

When I type a URL for a website, what key(s) do I use? I tried highlighting the URL and right clicking, but there's no option to open it in a new tab.

Comment

Hit the plus-shaped button to the right of the last tab, then hit enter in the URL. Note that this may mean another half-second delay.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Open Tab Right is the best Firefox add-on ever

Comment

Working...
                              X