X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't belive I've been reduced to reading Harry Potter fan fiction

This is better than any of Rowling's books:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2269863/Less_Wrong

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

"The First Law of Fanfiction?" "Rationalist Fanfiction Principle?" And the actual fanfic? Crikey! Why didn't he create an entirely original narrative instead of going to apparently tremendous lengths to turn Harry Potter into a pedantic nerd? Stay tuned for my Twilight fanfic set in an alternate universe where the annoying girl is a tough lesbian who bullies vampires and werewolves when she isn't killing them...
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Also, the blog the guy is named for looks like a midden of self-satisfied navel-gazers.
      1011 1100

Comment

I have to say, it's absolutely brilliant.
        "

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          "The First Law of Fanfiction?" "Rationalist Fanfiction Principle?" And the actual fanfic? Crikey! Why didn't he create an entirely original narrative instead of going to apparently tremendous lengths to turn Harry Potter into a pedantic nerd? Stay tuned for my Twilight fanfic set in an alternate universe where the annoying girl is a tough lesbian who bullies vampires and werewolves when she isn't killing them...
          So your Twilight fanfic is Buffy?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, but I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar wasn't quite mopey enough. Also, they all shoot lasers from their eyes. And cite Kant as their moral authority for doing so. So there.
            1011 1100

Comment

Yes, but I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar wasn't quite mopey enough. Also, they all shoot lasers from their eyes. And cite Kant as their moral authority for doing so. So there.
              I don't think you can argue that shooting lasers from your eyes isn't good in all situations.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's bad if you're reading a good, but highly flammable, book. If you're reading a crummy, overblown treatise on rationalism disguised as a crummy, overblown bit of HP fan fiction, it's all good.
                1011 1100

Comment

Even I don't read Harry Potter fanfic. And especially not if Hera recommend it!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I used to very, very occasionally go to the slash fiction archive and laugh myself silly at the titles and teaser descriptions they gave ("Winky wants to please Master Ron, but doesn't know how. Can kind Hermione show her the way?"). That's about all the attention I give to fan fiction.
                    1011 1100

Comment

overblown treatise on rationalism disguised as a crummy, overblown bit of HP fan fiction, it's all good.
                      It's not disguised, and of course it's "overblown". And it is indeed all good.
                      "

Comment

Maybe by fan fiction standards. I wouldn't know.
                        1011 1100

Comment

Yes, you've already said that you're only into Human/house elf bestiality. Some of us have more refined tastes.
                          "

Comment

I only have refined tastes in aerosol cheese topping, plasticware, and commemorative plates ordered from Parade magazine. I can't afford to be picky when it comes to fan fiction too.
                            1011 1100

Comment

"Winky wants to please Master Ron, but doesn't know how. Can kind Hermione show her the way?"
                              Don't leave us all in suspense! How did she show her the way?!!!!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X