No announcement yet.

I may have started writing a webcomic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have started writing a webcomic.

It's a (theoretically) humorous science fiction comic that ended up being far more plot-heavy than I originally intended, and it's called Singuhilarity. The awful, terrible title popped into my head one day and is actually my entire motivation for starting the comic.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever and my sense of humor is, uh, a bit strange. But somehow I've written fifty comics, of which I've posted eight so far.

Here's the first one.

If you think it's stupid and unfunny, that puts you about on par with my girlfriend. She didn't start laughing until strip 35 or so.

And since I'm a grammar and spelling nazi, if you notice any errors they're obviously intentional. Yes.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

I've read the first three, and I believe there is hope for you.

Comment: It's an awful lot of white space for drawings that never move; you might want to tighten that up.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I promise, it's not just those two characters in a plain white room forever. In the fourth comic, actually, things begin to change.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Enjoyed them!
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

There's only 8 of them.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah. I've got 42 more in the can, and I post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Since I am in no way an artist, it doesn't take particularly long to "draw" each strip. But I don't want to unload all of them at once, because that would spoil the, uh, pacing.

If you'd like, however, you can try to hack into my smackjeeves account and read the others that I've uploaded but not posted so far.

Glad people are reading!

Comment

I find it funny.

But basically with a title and theme like that you are catering to a small fraction of the xkcd crowd and transhumanists. Why not indulge in a few more explicit or clever shout outs?

Giant Cheese cakes, clippy taking over, Harry Potter fanfiction parodies, Kurzwellian cultist, philosophical zombies,...
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Nah. I can totally pick up some Dinosaur Comics readers, too.

Comment

Pretty entertaining. For some funny reason I got the feeling you're channelling your experiences on Poly into these strips...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I think the AI should end all his sentences with Vern. Then you can change the title to "The Importance of Being Ernest."
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

MAKE YOUR TEXT LARGER. PERF CAN'T SEE TINY TEXT GOOD.
                      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Times New Roman 12 is the font of the future.

Comment

Wouldn't that be Calibri 12 since 2007?
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Loz

I particularly liked the bit about the three laws of robotics getting commented out.

Comment

Oh look, someone reviewed my comic.

I laughed. The only part that bothered me was the commenter who thought I hadn't read Caves of Steel. I've read Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun, and The Robots of Dawn, and I've read them all multiple times.

But my human does kind of look like he has poop on his head.

Comment

Working...
                              X