Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still don't understand marijuana legalization people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha Protocol View Post
    I'm sure most of you have heard the phrase that the only people who support marijuana legalization are people who smoke it. While that is in fact true, atleast for the most part, I still don't understand the potheads. Sure, they want it to be legal so they can get their fix, and continue using harmful and illegal substances (which wouldn't be illegal if they had their way). Most people are opposed to legalization of illegal drugs, but I just don't get why some people think it's a good idea to make it legal? People who say "it puts innocent people behind bars" are idiots. Innocent people don't use illegal substances. There is no reason for marijuana, or any other illegal drug, to be legalized. You don't want to go to jail? Don't use illegal substances.

The only legitimate use for illegal drugs is for medical purposes, but if you just want to go get stoned and/or feed your addiction, then it's not okay. And people who say that marijuana is not addictive at all are full of ****. People get addicted to marijuana all the time and they suffer from it, just because you got lucky with a joint once or twice, doesn't mean that everyone is immune to become addicted and/or dependent. I really don't understand marijuana legalization people. No intelligent individual supports and/or endorses an illegal activity, yet a select few uneducated persons seem to support the use of marijuana, which is an illegal activity.
    Actually, I don't think we should stop there. We should also be legalising virtually all of the hard drugs, specifically heroin and cocaine.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

People who say "it puts innocent people behind bars" are idiots. Innocent people don't use illegal substances.

Correct. If you conflate morality and law, it never makes sense to legalize anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Protocol View Post
        I'm sure most of you have heard the phrase that the only people who support marijuana legalization are people who smoke it.
        And a population loses its freedom when people wont stand up for the freedoms they dont cherish

While that is in fact true, atleast for the most part, I still don't understand the potheads. Sure, they want it to be legal so they can get their fix, and continue using harmful and illegal substances (which wouldn't be illegal if they had their way).
        Morality trumps legality in my book... Prohibition is immoral, its a really nasty form of collective guilt, not as nasty as armies wiping out civilian populations for the actions of the resistance, but its still really nasty to put millions of people in cages based on what somebody else did. And thats what Prohibition is all about - somebody was intoxicated and did something bad to someone else, so everyone loses their freedom and millions who refuse to give it up go to jail.

Most people are opposed to legalization of illegal drugs, but I just don't get why some people think it's a good idea to make it legal?[
        Most people opposed letting blacks serve alongside whites, even more than drugs. But pot has ~33-40% support for at least decriminalization. Laws lacking that much support dont usually pass the smell test.

People who say "it puts innocent people behind bars" are idiots. Innocent people don't use illegal substances.
        I've never heard that phrase, where did you find it? The argument is its a non-violent offense and treating people who didn't do anything to others as criminals is wrong.

The only legitimate use for illegal drugs is for medical purposes, but if you just want to go get stoned and/or feed your addiction, then it's not okay.
        So there's "legitimacy" in breaking the law?

You seem oblivious to the arrogance it takes to claim the right to decide what everyone else can or cant put in their own bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
          I don't know if you are talking on the basis of any personal experience and understanding, or whether you are just pulling prejudices out of your arse.

If there's an easier drug to stop taking after regular, long term use than Mary Jane I'd be interested to know what it is. Posting pointlessly on internet message boards is a lot harder to quit, for a start.
          Absolutely. Habit forming - yes, physically addictive - no.

And there's actual scientific medical evidence to support that, not just opinion and anecdotal evidence.

Nicotine on the other hand is incredibly physically addictive. One of the most addictive substances we know about.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Adding a few extra arguments:

Legalizing marijuana drastically increases its quality, and you don't need to buy weed from shady dealers anymore.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

And you are less likely to be ripped off by dodgy guys selling you tarmac or doing the stinky finger trick.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Stinky finger trick? I dread to think what that is...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

They have a bag of some kind of harmless green stuff, and to encourage you that they are selling something good they stick their finger in a bag of primo skunk and wave the bag under your nose, so what you smell is the skunk on their finger.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Truth be told, I've bought weed from a shady dealer on some corner just once anyway. It's a surefire way of looking for trouble. Better to get it from friends or to grow a plant or two yourself. You're never going to be caught that way either.
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

There are many things you don't understand, so this is unsurprising.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                      X