The real most important question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real most important question.

Okay, music fans, time to resolve another real important question. We all know that Deep Purple is the other elephant on which modern hard rock music stands. But which of their albums do you like most?
    I am a pretentious hipster and like Fireball, because it's the album that has Fools. I also use my precognition skills to predict the following popularity ranking:
    MH
    IR
    Banana option
    B
    SB
    WDWTWA
    FB
    CTTB
    Albie
    MkI albums
    I like one of the first three sucky albums or that orchestra one
    7.14%
    In Rock
    0.00%
    Fireball
    7.14%
    Machine Head
    42.86%
    Who Do We Think We Are
    0.00%
    Burn
    0.00%
    Stormbringer
    7.14%
    Come Taste the Band
    0.00%
    I like one of the reunion albums, like [b]Bananas[/b]
    7.14%
    I'm Albie, and I don't know what you are talking about
    28.57%
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

I thought they only released "Smoke on the water". They had an album? Wait, ALBUMS? Plural?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Deep Purple, isn't it for old people?

*ducks in flame-proof bunker*
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        I thought they only released "Smoke on the water". They had an album? Wait, ALBUMS? Plural?
        Smoke on the Water was done by Deep Purple? Go figure I thought it was a Raving Rabids song.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

You forgot to relogin

Comment

I have "Deep Purple In Rock", "Machine Head" and "Made In Japan", so I should pick one of those 3, I guess.
            I'll go with Machine Head.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What the **** is this?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well after looking up "smoke on the water" I found out that it's in Machine Head, so I'll go with that.

Comment

I Like Deep Purple - Machine Head - 06 - Lazy better than Smoke On The Water.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Smoke on the Water is one of their weakest songs IMO, certainly one of the weakest on Machine Head. Which I would have voted for if ondera hadn't predicted I would.

Great riff, but it's either too long and repetitive or too overplayed.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Machine Head - as predicted.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I have Machine head and Stormbinger. Machine Head is their best album but Burn is their best song (Stormbinger is pretty good too).
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Isn't Machine Head by Bush?
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Isn't Machine Head by Bush?
                            Nonono, Iraq Invasion is by Bush. There also is a cover version made by his son.

Comment

Trolling Albie option.

I'm not much of a DP fan, but do enjoy a couple of their songs. Couldn't decide on a particular album off the top of my head though (mostly because I can't really peg any song to a particular album though).
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X