Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    More consistently wrong that is.
    My gut feeling tells me that Islam is more right than Christianity, but that they are both completely wrong.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If only all believers were either Quakers, Sufis, Buddhists, or Baha'i

The world would be so much better.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Don't forget Sikhs. You never see them bullying people to convert. Plus they carry around religious daggers.

Comment

What about your favorite, Riesstiu? The Nation of Gods and Earths that eschews the Mystery God and believes in the Original Blackman as God?
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Jesus was black.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
              Jesus was black.
              Lies. Everyone knows that Jesus was Jewish.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                Lies. Everyone knows that Jesus was Jewish.
                Was Jesus also gay? I mean the guy was a confirmed bachelor and virgin

Comment

like yourself you mean albert...
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    According to biblical lore, he was married to Mary Magdaline a known (female) prostitute.

Jesus the tit-****er.
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      like yourself you mean albert...
                      Don't give him any ideas. The last thing we need on this forum is someone with a messiah complex.

Comment

It may be too late for that.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          People should make up their minds. Are you going to slam him like that or slam him for his relationship with Mary Magdalene? In any event, evidently he's going to get slammed.
                          Maybe I should fly a plane into a cave.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Jesus was gay, but Mary Magdalene was actually a man.

Comment

Where is there any evidence in those links? The first is just someone spouting an opinion. The Wikipedia article doesn't support your contention either. In fact, it says: "Biblical literalists believe that, unless a passage is clearly intended as allegory, poetry, or some other genre, the Bible should be interpreted as literal statements by the author." Ta-da.

Yours sometimes are, often when talking about religion which is something you don't seem to understand well.
                              Yeah, except I actually have data to back up what I said, not "I don't think this is true, ergo it isn't." That's YOUR method.

Notice how that author fully accepts that religious people have literalist minds, despite your protestations. Whatever *my* reading of the Bible in this context is utterly irrelevant, this isn't about my views.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                You might take your own advice, especially since you aren't a Christian.
                                The difference is I actually cited real poll data about the beliefs of Christians. This isn't about *my* reading of the text.

Given the arguments I've seen you having with other Christians on this board, I don't think you have any room to talk about eccentric interpretations. Or flat-out erroneous ones.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X