Help old dragon understand blue ray please.....oh and caramel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help old dragon understand blue ray please.....oh and caramel

As it says...am thinking about purchasing one for the hubby for xmas, however, money is really tight and want to make sure to get the best bang for buck. I understand nothing about these except that I've seen a movie in this once for about 10 minutes and was amazed at the clarity. What I want to know is will the current dvd home selection convert ie: or play as clear or do I have to re buy dvds.

And to the other thing...which is it? Is it pronounced (Caar ra mel?) or (Car Mel) so which do you say?

Oh and hello boys
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

I know your husband is a gamer too, so I'd get a ps3. it's a good BR player as well as being a game console, and having some decent features.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

DVDs will "upconvert", but that's no substitute for a Blu-ray quality. You'll have to re-buy.

And Car-a-mel.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Car Mel, at least as West Texas boys learn it.

Sears has Panasonic DMPBD65 on sale.

Here's a review.
        The Panasonic DMP-BD65 is one of four new blu-ray players announced by Panasonic for 2010. It promises high quality images with enhanced networking functions, including VIERA CAST’s improved and expanded Internet functionality with wireless LAN capability. You get a host of features including BD Live, a USB port and Video On Demand services such as Netflix and YouTube.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Car Mel is a town in Indiana. Therefore west texans are clearly descendants of carpetbaggers.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I don't think so, slick.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              Sears has Panasonic DMPBD65 on sale.
              I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player and it be awesome
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

$99.99 right now.
                That price is good through tomorrow, so hustle.

Comment

Caramel is how I pronounce it, like it is written. Clint Eastwood is the mayor of the other
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat View Post

And to the other thing...which is it? Is it pronounced (Caar ra mel?) or (Car Mel) so which do you say?

Neither. I say Care-a-mel
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Neither. I say Care-a-mel
                      F**king weirdo.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        F**king weirdo.
                        Here
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

WTF?!

It's quite clear from how it is spelt...care-a-mel, car-mel...I mean, WTF?!
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                          X