No announcement yet.

How cold are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid 30s with high humidity here...I'm sweating like Gary Glitter in a nursery...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
      Mid 30s with high humidity here...I'm sweating like Gary Glitter in a nursery...
      I hate summer. And it doesn't even get 'colder' at night
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        I hate summer. And it doesn't even get 'colder' at night
        Yeah...I am a bit to the north of you in Brazil (state of Rio de Janeiro, but inland) and it's so, so stuffy. And at night it just rains torrentially...not much fun. At least in the cold, you can wrap up warm, or warm the house...cooling down is much more difficult (and energy intensive).
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

yeah it murder at the moment, i'm sweating my bollocks off here. are you coming to rio itself at all? drop me a pm if you're visiting.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Hey buddy, yeah, I am planning to go there in a couple of weeks time although I have not sorted anything out yet. How is life there with the recent fracas?
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

yeah it's not too bad, there was a bit of a war going on here recently (i'm like 1km from jacarézinho and 1.5km from the complexo), and there were some things burnt near to me. i heard a lot of shooting and helicopters (i heard there was a gun battle two streets away but i was in the zona sul at the time). it was weird because everything that happening was so close, but everyone was just watching it on the telly!

everything has calmed down now though, the police have and army occupied the whole complexo de alemão, and there's been no attacks since sunday or monday. everything is getting back to normal and it's safe here. it will be safe in the zona sul where you are likely to be.

i actually climbed to the top of morro de alemão (stunning views btw) with a mate of mine a couple of months back. so i think i would've been one of the last foreigners to see the complexo while the drug barons were still in charge. something to tell the grandkids about at least.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Well that's OK, some of my colleagues seem a bit alarmed about going to Rio at the moment with all this going on but I am sure it will be fine, and zona sul seemed to be peaceful enough. And I think it will be a nice way to spend the last weekend before Christmas. Are you not going home at any point in the near future?
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I'm quite enjoying this cold snap. In so far as a miserable git like me is capable of enjoying anything.

Comment

Yeah, you're probably wallowing in everyone else's misery and loving watching all the wildlife suffer in the snow...you evil curmudgeon
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I'm a Cool Cat
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh, I'm especially enjoying the suffrin' wildlife.

Serves the little bastards right for trying to be cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                          Well that's OK, some of my colleagues seem a bit alarmed about going to Rio at the moment with all this going on but I am sure it will be fine, and zona sul seemed to be peaceful enough. And I think it will be a nice way to spend the last weekend before Christmas. Are you not going home at any point in the near future?
                          nah, i'm here for the duration, no plans to return to the UK. let me know when you'll be arriving and we'll arrange something.

Comment

Working...
                          X