Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel to crack down on illegal migrant workers

http://af.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AR07I20101128

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel approved a plan on Sunday to hold and deport thousands of illegal migrant workers whom Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described as a "threat to the character of the country".

In remarks to the cabinet, Netanyahu said thousands of migrants who have entered Israel mainly through Egypt in past years would be housed at a special holding facility, due to built in Israel's southern Negev desert.

"We must stop the mass entry of illegal migrant workers because of the very serious threat to the character and future to the state of Israel," he said, adding Israelis who gave them work would face severe fines to make their employment unviable.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Israel is a racist state. What's new?

Comment

Thats just silly! We have 40 million currently (or previously) illegal invaders here in the USA and it doesnt affect our character at all!
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

And?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hera enjoys reading about his Ashkenazi herrenrasse put the untermensch in their place.

Comment

I think Israel's illegal immigrants might cause them more trouble than ours...but I think overall they should probably just relax their immigration standards.

It's better than the immigration standards of the other countries in the region though. For a lot of them you have to be muslim or in the US military.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

'Special Holding Facility'? Anyone else immediately think Concentration Camp?
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Is there anything more ironic than Jews putting other people into concentration camps?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Is there anything more ironic than Jews putting other people into concentration camps?
                  Ironic?

Let's see, there's already the West Bank Wall:

A history of using Palestinian children as human shields:

And, to sum it all up:

It stopped being ironic like 30 years ago. It's straight up, now.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm a little confused as to what the difference is between Palestinians fighting back and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

Comment

The Jews had good teachers. The survivors that is.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        I'm a little confused as to what the difference is between Palestinians fighting back and the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
                        There isn't one. Of course if it wasn't for Israel's existence we'd have to worry about another Holocaust happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          I think Israel's illegal immigrants might cause them more trouble than ours...but I think overall they should probably just relax their immigration standards.
                          Naw, this is actually cute. HC, I have an idea - US opens the borders for any immigrant. After all, there is lots of uninhabited areas in the US where they can settle. I bet that you can easily squeeze in some 50 mill south americans without anybody noticing it.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Well yeah except the whole itsy bitsy mass murder thingy.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              Israel is a racist state. What's new?
                              It's not racist. It's about documenting who is in your country.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X