I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help!

Please sign my petition to prevent my school from being closed down indefinitely, it only takes a couple of seconds: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savethevalley/
    Last edited by Alpha Protocol; November 27, 2010, 16:22.

What is the school district's side of the story?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

For every school you save, I'm going to knock down 3
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Another reason I am against it is because I'm getting a degree in high school counseling, and I could use that degree to get a job at the junior high school or the senior high school, however if they do change this, my creditability will no longer be valid at the junior high school, and so I can only apply for a job at the senior high school.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Protocol View Post
          Please sign my petition to prevent my school from being closed down indefinately, it only takes a couple of seconds: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savethevalley/

There's a rather large (supposedly true) rumor going around that they are closing my old junior high school. They aren't closing it down in the sense that they are demolishing the building, but they are making it no longer a junior high school. They are instead making the building into an elementary school and splitting up the middle school students into two different schools. My old junior high school was always for 7th and 8th graders only, so basically that's where I lived my early teen years. And now they are getting rid of all of that, and turning it into a school for little kids instead of teens.

I'm a senior in senior high school, so this no longer affects me, but I still feel very strongly for them not doing this. They claim it's because the school district doesn't have enough money so they are going to have to close a lot of elementary schools and so they are replacing the junior high school with elementary schools. Now instead of having a unified district, they are splitting the entire district into two districts that both bleed into the high school.

I am one of many people who have expressed concerns regarding this supposed change that will begin in a year or two. We want to keep our junior high school's 7-8 and our high school's 9-12 and we won't settle for anything less. There's even a rumor that they will be making it 5-8 or 6-8 which we have expressed is not acceptable. They are even changing the name of the school.

Why do I care, you might ask? Well for starters I don't want kids in my old junior high school, it has always been for teens, and now they will let 9-12 year olds in there too, it's a disgrace. Another reason I am against it is because I'm getting a degree in high school counseling, and I could use that degree to get a job at the junior high school or the senior high school, however if they do change this, my creditability will no longer be valid at the junior high school, and so I can only apply for a job at the senior high school.

Another reason I am concerned is because that is the location where my life really started, that's where I became a teenager, went through puberty, made real friends for the first time, and was able to date and be in a real relationship for the first time. That's where I began my quest and became the person I am today. I also don't want all of my memories to be tarnished by the fact that from now on every time I think of my wonderful memories, I'll always think of how it was all ruined because they let kids in a school that was only meant to be for teens.

I remember since I was 13 my friend Matt and I would go on forums, and we would talk about web design and video games and everything else. I remember when they let us have a Lazer Tag (Team Ops) match at the school in 8th grade. I remember when I used to advertise the video game clan I was in back then at the school. I remember being a teenager and everything that goes along with it from higher thought to sexual endeavors. I also remember something bad that I'm not proud of, when I used to be a communist, but I'm not anymore. I remember in 7th grade when my friends and I went to the gym and we talked about Code Lyoko then that one girl overheard our conversation and told us how she loves Code Lyoko. I remember all of this and more, and so do most people at the high school, albeit I'm certain they remember different things. And now they want to defile everything by making kids go there just because of the economy. There were dozens of better ways they could have handled this situation. They could have made the 5th and 6th graders stay at elementary schools like they always have been.

This is terrible and it pisses me off and I'm worried that the people aren't protesting enough, I mean we probably have over half of the high school's support, plus we have a lot of parents who are concerned about this unprecedented decision. But still, the school won't budge. Also, I have both my junior high school and my senior high school listed as my high schools on Facebook. What will happen once the junior high school ceases to exist and becomes an upper elementary school? I don't know, but it probably won't be good. Also, if we can't stop them from doing this terrible thing, then never again will future students there have the luxury of going to the junior high school, instead they'll be stuck in elementary school.

I wish there was some way to convince the district to change their mind. It seems like no matter what we do, the district just ignores everyone, even those of us who are parents and tax payers and are indirectly paying for the school board. I wish there was some way that we could restore honor to my junior high school.
          cool story bro

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            What is the school district's side of the story?
            They are low on funds and must close down their school.

Comment

Taxpayer savings
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Protocol View Post
                They are low on funds and must close down their school.
                Oh, then just raise the taxes a bit.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm a senior in senior high school, so this no longer affects me
                  Let the big people who actually pay taxes decide.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

My junior high school was 6-8 and I turned out just. . .let me sign that.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                    X