No announcement yet.

Global cooling continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the oceans warm a bit, would that end or significantly reduce La Ninas? I've heard the difference between the two is 1-2 C so what if the E Pac warms that much? Or is this cycle driven by more than just a couple degree difference in water temps?

Comment

The sea surface temperature cools by up to 2 degrees C for La Nina, likewise warms similarly for El Nino, so 4 degree difference between the 2 extremes. The sub surface temerature can vary by up to 5 degrees each way, so 10 degrees between extremes there. However I am not sure whether those temperature variations are calculated from a fixed 'normal' ocean temperature or a variable ocean temperature that is adjusted for general increase in warmth of oceans due to global warming if it exists. But the definition of a La Nina or El Nino depends on a number of factors I think, temperature of oceans being one, also strength of trade winds, SOI (Southern Oscillation Index), Cloudiness around the dateline among others are all accessed.

Comment

The drop in climate change hysteria since the greenies had their balls cut off in Copenhagen has been beautiful.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Potentially interesting study...

Cosmic rays linked to rapid mid-latitude cloud changes

Comment

Working...
          X