No announcement yet.

I Laugh at the GOP Infighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the most obvious one is do you think Hillary wouldn't have ended DADT by now? Or would she have cared if the Republicans were bleating about the public option and forced it through regardless? Or that she would have let Reid and Pelosi set the agenda instead of herself.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ok, so what you're saying is is that Obama hasn't moved left enough and allowed the Republicans to stop too many aspects of his progressive agenda? I might agree with you there. I think not getting the public option in the health care bill is part of the reason they lost the election this year.
      Tilting at windmills is a wonderful pastime.

Comment

You think really wrong... because that would make up for the gloomy economy?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, because then we'd have all kinds of poor dying children who would have access to health care who are right now living in filth and squalor in this country. Not only that, but I'm sure there are dying kittens and puppies right next to them, all sharing the sewage filled drinking water that is so pervasive in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Argus View Post
            No, because then we'd have all kinds of poor dying children who would have access to health care who are right now living in filth and squalor in this country. Not only that, but I'm sure there are dying kittens and puppies right next to them, all sharing the sewage filled drinking water that is so pervasive in this country.
            Kittens and puppies? Maybe you're a DL after all.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

So basically because I'm a member of PETA and I care about animals just like I do starving children I'm now somehow branded with a red DL on my forehead? I thought we had moved beyond those days, honestly.

Comment

Not caring about animals per se, but the random insertion of "kittens" is telling. That's beyond the pale of hysterical posturing, into the realm of self-parody.
                1011 1100

Comment

I see, and now you brand me another name. Is it not enough to call me a DL, but now you must tattoo the likes of self-parody on my exposed skin? How far will you go before it's enough? Can't you just accept me for who I am? Am I not just as human as you are?

Comment

I had considered the possibility of a bot, TBH. But yes, I'm reasonably sure you're a human of some sort.
                    1011 1100

Comment

I think we have a great deal of room for negotiation here Elok. I suggest an open borders treaty to begin with. What do you say? We have taken note however of your expansion near our lands and we will ruthlessly defend them!

Declare War
                      Accept Treaty
                      End Negotiations
                      Demand Tribute

Comment

Working...
                      X