Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of idiot gets his cell phone stolen at West Edmonton Mall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of idiot gets his cell phone stolen at West Edmonton Mall?

Apparently more than one.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Calgary Herald offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Coyotes’ Bissonnette worried phone has fallen into wrong hands

VANCOUVER — Phoenix Coyotes winger Paul Bissonnette is on the hunt. And no, it’s not for his game.

Bissonnette — who will likely be a healthy scratch for the 12th time in 20 games this season when the Coyotes play the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Sunday — lost his BlackBerry on Friday.

Known in the Twitter-verse as BizNasty2point0, Bissonnette contends his smartphone was in fact stolen while on a shopping trip to Holt Renfrew prior to Phoenix’s game against the Edmonton Oilers.

“I put it down for a second and it was gone,” said the six-foot-three, 225-pounder, who was the last one off the ice at the Coyotes’ optional pre-game skate. “I’m not saying the munson is from Edmonton, but it happened in Edmonton and Karma’s going to speed-bag that donkey.”

For those unfamiliar with the term, munson originates from the movie King Pin and is slang for a born loser. It’s someone who should be given a wide berth.

“It’s not the phone I’m worried about, it’s all my contacts,” continued Bissonnette, a social media favourite of hockey fans around the globe. “I don’t have it locked or back-upped and there’s a lot of people in there . . . Brody Jenner, Tom Green . . . all the guys I’ve ever played with.

“Shane Doan, Ed Jovanovski, Sidney Crosby are probably going to be getting random calls for a while.”

Bissonnette discovered someone had his phone after a friend of his received a text from the device shortly after its disappearance. He immediately cancelled his service and reported the phone stolen.

“I’m rattled,” he said. “It’s been four days without it. Can I put a bounty on someone’s head for a phone?”

Before you go calling the league office, he was joking. More to the point, he’s offering a reward for the return of his BlackBerry — even the SIM card would suffice. The guilty party can contact him through his Twitter account, with no questions asked.

Bissonnette is easily the most followed NHL player on Twitter. He had 20,488 followers as of Sunday afternoon, a total that continues to grow daily thanks to his often humourous and self-deprecating messages on everything from hockey to girls to baby wipes — don’t ask.

The affable 25-year-old native of Welland, Ont., has hopes of someday surpassing Canada’s other “greatest” export.

“I want to pass Justin Bieber — Bieber-Fever, baby — he’s got like 4 million,” he said, tongue firmly planted in his cheek. “I’ve got some work to do, but we’re going to get that going.”

Teammates looked on in mock indignation as the league’s most famous plug — a word he uses to describe himself often in his tweets— made his final plea for the safe return of his phone.

“That’s the thing, I’ve got to keep talking about it, maybe the guy will be like ‘OK, I’ll send it back,’ ” reasoned Bissonnette.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Ben Kenobi.

Edit:
    didn't see this

Apparently more than one.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

[/phd]
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I read this thread title and Ben was the first thing that popped into my head. Thought you would appreciate knowing that, Asher.

By the way I figured out your Canadian conspiracy. You're getting all your retards to invade Texas, taking out our heartland so you can rot our country from the inside

Comment

We also send them to Minnesota and Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            We also send them to Minnesota and Vermont.
            Well Vermont isn't really the US anyway.

Comment

So, did we finally get rid of Ben? Still in the dark about what happened there...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

David Floyd has him occupied with his scandalous ways. I haven't even seen BK on msn in a few weeks.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Dave has turned Ben into a hedonist
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

“I’m not saying the munson is from Edmonton, but it happened in Edmonton and Karma’s going to speed-bag that donkey.”
                    What the **** does this even mean.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I don't know what munson is. Edmonton is a city in Alberta, Canada. Karma is a concept derived from Hinduism that is associated with 'what goes around, comes around' in modern Western usage. Speed-bag is a small punching bag used by boxers to train, here used as a verb to describe the act of a boxer using a speed-bag. A donkey is a beast of burden similar to a horse used here as an insult.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The real Edmonton is a small, dull outer-suburb of North London. Famous for its IKEA, the fact that the Winter Olympics weren't held there and, er, that's it.

Comment

- and that's not London Ontario, either.

Comment

Or was it the Commonwealth Games? Sorry, I struggle to keep up with some of the more tedious sporting competitions.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that most of its inhabitants support Spurs...

Hey Cort, I bet you like Spurs even less these days, after last weekend...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X