Winter is nearly upon us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is nearly upon us

Wow, it's hard to believe it's almost Winter (December 21). The years/months/weeks/days just blend together so quickly now, don't they? What are you doing this Winter? Also, share your favorite Winter memories here.

Nearly upon us?

It's been ~-4F to -10F for a week and we've had tons of snow.

I happen to love winter. I sit in a cozy armchair infront of the big picture windows, light a roaring fire in the fireplace, then sit down to read a good book.

I'll occasionally whip up a good cup of coffee to drink also. Or a tumbler of Scotch, depending on the hour of the day.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's 70F here. I'm wearing shorts.

Comment

It's 81F here, and tomorrow it's getting up to 85F. Winter doesn't start here until January...sometimes not even then.

Comment

still playin golf here in Kansas but I am , we were supposed to get a southerly wind bringing mid to high 60s temps and it stayed in the high 50s. But the low winds were good for my golf game

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                I'll occasionally whip up a good cup of coffee to drink also. Or a tumbler of Scotch, depending on the hour of the day.
                I was puzzling over this, but I think I figured it out. You drink coffee at night, to help you stay awake, and Scotch in the mornings and afternoons to help you chill out and relax. Right?
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Sure.

Comment

What's this Fahrenheit ****!? Every time I see 'F' I have to make some stupid calculation to make it make sense in Celsius!

9c down to 0c here.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Maybe you should join the rest of the world in using Fahrenheit then.

Comment

Originally posted by DriXnaK View Post
                        Maybe you should join the rest of the world in using Fahrenheit then.
                        The rest of the world uses celsius. (at least all the bits of the world that matter)

Comment

Ah, you preempted me.

Comment

It's a perfect 65 degrees F here in Philly.

Canada is clearly a frozen hellhole.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I love it.

Also, not sure if you are aware, but hell is hot, not cool. Canada is farther from hell than most countries.

Comment

Working...
                              X